City’s Top Five Keepers Of All Time

Agreed. The man was my hero when I was growing up. Except for the time someone threw a tennis ball at him at Highbury's clock end, he threw it back and it hit me.

I forgive him though.
Remember his initial spell in the team, in the early seventies? He was poor, no other way of describing it to be honest. That's when we bought Keith MacRae in from Motherwell. Who wouldn't be in the top 5! I can’t remember how (injury? Loss of form?), but Joe got another chance, and grabbed it with both hands. He was unlucky in that he was around at the same time as Shilton and Clemence. He should have got a lot more England caps than he did (he was a better keeper than Shilton, in my biased opinion).

Can’t possibly judge anybody fairly from pre TV era, so for me.

Coton
Hart
Corrigan
Weaver
Given

I’ve deliberately left out undoubtedly very good keepers, like Schmeichel, Seaman and James as their City careers were pretty short lived and mainly when they well past their best.

Coton
Hart
Corrigan
Weaver
Given

I’ve deliberately left out undoubtedly very good keepers, like Schmeichel, Seaman and James as their City careers were pretty short lived and mainly when they well past their best.

I remember Schmeichel and James being very good keepers for us. Seaman was so old he'd have been fucked off from his local pub team! At least he had the grace to not put us through a full season of it and retire on the spot.

Coton
Hart
Corrigan
Weaver
Given

You'd seriously have Coton ahead of Corrigan and Hart?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.