City 1968 v City 2023

ColinBellsjockstrap

As per thread title'

The City team that thrashed Real Madrid v The wonderful 1968 All English championship winning side,

Dowd/Mulhearn, Book, Pardoe, Doyle, Big George Heslop, Oakes, Summerbee, Bell, Lee, Young, Coleman, sub Connor.

90 minutes.

What would the score be?

15-0. This city team
A bit harsh-I was there in 1968 and I’m not sure the current team would enjoy playing on the 1968 pitches nor dealing with 1968 type tackling, no subs, tiny squad etc etc. Can’t really make worthwhile comparisons. Love both teams so I’ll go 4-4 in an epic beautiful game. First half on the Maine Rd mud bath pitch, second half at The Etihad. Pep would have loved Joe Mercer and Joe would have loved Pep.

A bit harsh-I was there in 1968 and I’m not sure the current team would enjoy playing on the 1968 pitches nor dealing with 1968 type tackling, no subs, tiny squad etc etc. Can’t really make worthwhile comparisons. Love both teams so I’ll go 4-4 in an epic beautiful game. First half on the Maine Rd mud bath pitch, second half at The Etihad. Pep would have loved Joe Mercer and Joe would have loved Pep.
LTJpL-DJx0yGNN2r.jpgman-city-team-with-trophi.jpg

As per thread title'

The City team that thrashed Real Madrid v The wonderful 1968 All English championship winning side,

Dowd/Mulhearn, Book, Pardoe, Doyle, Big George Heslop, Oakes, Summerbee, Bell, Lee, Young, Coleman, sub Connor.

90 minutes.

What would the score be?
I reckon the current side would win.

I don’t think the ‘68 team would have the legs (considering they’re all in their 80s).

As per thread title'

90 minutes.

What would the score be?
Old school laws where you can quite literally kick the fuck out of the opposition, or modern laws?

Think whichever laws applied would have a massive impact on the result

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.