City 3 - 1 Barcelona - Post match thread :-)

what do you reckon purplenose? Worthy of good hearty kick in the b@ll@cks?

Haha its got to be a candidate, but hey what do i know i am just a miserable old bastard who having suffered many years of rag outrages and as long as i have a hole in my arse losing to them in any match is totally unacceptable. To feel anything else is on a par with devil worship, paedophilia, or even (at a push) being from Yorkshire.

Tonight was fantastic, brilliant performance, quite rightly will live long in the memory, was Saturday more important than last Wednesday, Was tonight? In reality of course given where the club is trying to go this season.

Would I personally have enjoyed beating them last Wednesday more than beating WBA ? definately. More than beating Barcelona tonight..... yes if only because I dont hate Barcelona, the very sight of them doesnt annoy me, when I see Barca on the tv I dont have an urge to put my foot through the tele as i do when they come on or some tosser like nesbitt or holmes start rag rimming.

Was Saturday or tonight more important? Of course they were and thats one of many reasons Pep is manager and I am not, and its highly probable that its for the best.....

I will stand my ground though, common sense is for Pep the players and staff, not for a real City fan when it comes to playing those twats.

If you throw together the first half of the Derby with the second half of tonight, that is where we will be by the end of the season. Frightening.

makes you wonder would they have won what they have in the past but for one sided refs.UEFA's golden boys took one hell of a beating
They're a great team bud, the bias wouldn't have helped them much tbf, maybe the semi against Chelsea in 09.

What a performance; Brilliant European moment. This result and performance sends a message, certainly to our players but also to the rest of the world that we are capable of competing against and defeating any team in Europe. All it takes is the belief and the mentality of fearlessness and the willingness to express and play our football, which was what transpired today.

The game started like the last game, a lot of tactical war and sword fighting between the two teams, and I think we had the upper hand looking more likely to score up until the break that led to their first goal. After that, perhaps naturally the players were flooded with dread of history repeating itself and all the uncertainty that entails and so they were in a poor state after the Barcelona goal, which gave Barcelona some momentum at that point. But we kept going, kept faith in Guardiola's approach- continued to press them and forced an error, which led to our goal. Great instant lay off from Aguero.. and I talk about lack of fear and good mentality and that is exactly what Sterling showed with that composed, sublime pass to Gundogan- the pass that won the tie I call it and that moment set the tone for the rest of the game.

In the second half, after some astute tactical adjustments, the obvious one being De Bruyne going down the middle, we stepped up the performance and approach and exposed Barcelona even more by dominating the middle of the park, cutting off Messi, Suarez and Neymar from their midfield suppliers and utterly picking them off with interceptions and tackles to win the ball back. This led to a lot of chances on the break. De Bruyne stepped up and expressed himself with confidence and belief- he has like'' Kolarov!! walk away.. Aguero jog on, this is my moment'' and boy did he express himself with a typical, trademark De Bruyne goal. After that we dominated and should have scored even more than we did and eventually got the third after another astute decision by Guardiola.

Guardiola is brilliant, it is clear, he deserves a lot of credit for this match. The first leg was also spot on in a tactical sense but jeopardized by errors (most important being the keeper's) and some mental issues. In this leg however,we took it to them, played our game and played with the right mentality (as Gundogan said) and completely deserved the win.

Players like Zabaleta..what happened to him?.. he was immense today, like the Zabaleta of old. Sterling showed why he is a star player and whole team as a whole did their jobs and played well. Gundogan is a fox in the box, makes brilliant runs in the box and De Bruyne is just a dynamic beast.

Fantastic moment and this will set the team up for the upcoming games and enhance the spirit and belief as Guardiola continues to work his magic on the team.

Said to a mate at 80 mins that if we won the media would have it down as City beat an under strength Barca side.

What do you reckon was the script from that knob Goldstein on TalkShite? - "It should be regarded as failure if we qualify from the group second"

Sometimes you just can't win and let the haters hate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.