City 3 - 1 Barcelona - Post match thread :-)

Serves the arrogant fuckers right, turning up at our place with three up top. Maybe they'll show a bit of respect next time.

Oh what a night...

Absolutely fantastic performance tonight.

Brilliant from all 14 City players. The defenders fought like tigers to win the ball back and the forwards countered brilliantly.

Hard to pick an MotM, though SuperKev was fantastic once he moved to the centre. I prefer Merlin in the middle, rather than out wide, but we were much better when Spanish Dave and KdB swapped. It was clear that Raheem's pace was scaring the shit out of the Barça defenders and I was screaming at him to take them on long before the non-penalty.

I feared the worst when Dinho had to go off, but credit to Nando, he was brilliant. And Zaba. What a great game he had, despite being written off by the 'experts' in the pre-match thread when the team was announced.

This game may well be a watershed; not just for this Champions' League campaign, but for the future of the club.

Absolutely fantastic performance tonight.

Brilliant from all 14 City players. The defenders fought like tigers to win the ball back and the forwards countered brilliantly.

Hard to pick an MotM, though SuperKev was fantastic once he moved to the centre. I prefer Merlin in the middle, rather than out wide, but we were much better when Spanish Dave and KdB swapped. It was clear that Raheem's pace was scaring the shit out of the Barça defenders and I was screaming at him to take them on long before the non-penalty.

I feared the worst when Dinho had to go off, but credit to Nando, he was brilliant. And Zaba. What a great game he had, despite being written off by the 'experts' in the pre-match thread when the team was announced.

This game may well be a watershed; not just for this Champions' League campaign, but for the future of the club.
MOTM was easy, Sergio by a mile.

Just thinking _What do these players have in common?
Caballero , Zabba , Ottamendi , Aguero , Mascherano , Messi .
Then we have the Brazillians ? - and an Uruguayan.
How many South Americans were on the pitch tonight.?
Cracking game , best I have seen for years

That 3rd goal. Aguero robbing the ball off Messi to spring the counter and nearly finishing it off (I still can't figure out how he messed it up) would have been as sublime as De Bruyne's through ball to Navas....Woof!

The confidence should be sky high and someone will get a twatting. Shame we dont have a new fast goalscorer lined up in the new year to boost the attack even more.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.