City Academy improving the game for everybody

The standards and levels in our youth academy are amazing but it's for the good of Manchester City and not football in general, It's now starting to produce fruit and we get the first dibs on the best of the bunch,

The downside to this is some of the youth players are being used by their agents and pimped out when they are told they are good enough for a starting place only to throw a paddy and demand a move when the best manager in world football does not agree,

Yes it now makes Manchester City a lot of money and we have learnt to slap clauses on the ones that leave, Sell on fees and buyback clauses are now mandatory

Just goes to show you never quite know who will kick on so worth trying to keep some retention til you know better at 21 or 22.
Most of them are fairly predictable, Delap maybe a slight surprise, must admit for the life of me didn't think Rogers would get to where he has, not that he couldn't play but just never seemed to get involved much when I saw him. So I suppose the moral of the story is don't jump in with both feet abd let them develop.

Brooks, Forbs, Hodge, Whittingham, Moulden and Slicker are with Premier league clubs but only Forbs getting game time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.