City Academy improving the game for everybody

In the Tuesday championship games every game I think bar Luton v Oxford (and only because Greg Leigh was presumably injured) had a City academy graduate in one of the match squads.

Should be some more tonight as well - Tom Dele-Bashiru, Tyrese Campbell and Shea Charles. Dont think there will be one in the Stoke vs Portsmouth game though.

Quite a few in League One too last night - Luke Mbete, Lewis Fiorini, George Evans, Joe Hodge & Ed Francis

Should be some more tonight as well - Tom Dele-Bashiru, Tyrese Campbell and Shea Charles. Dont think there will be one in the Stoke vs Portsmouth game though.

Quite a few in League One too last night - Luke Mbete, Lewis Fiorini, George Evans, Joe Hodge & Ed Francis

Which re-inforces the thought that even if kids don't progress to our first team, they still have a good chance of a decent career in the lower leagues.

Was the Robert Mak, who came on for Slovan last night the one, who was in the FA Youth Cup winning squad in 2008.

EDIT. I’ve just had a look on Wikipedia, and it was.

I remember him well. He was a decent player. Just didn't have that extra ingredient to be very good. Whilst he may not have had an illustrious career, he got to learn his trade in another country (over here) as a youngster and then played in Turkey, Greece, Russia, Australia etc..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.