City accused of being “disrespectful” by Chinese media

It's a case of "don't miss the story" or make one up. 650 million Chinese Rags going , aaaahhhhhhh, at such important news!

I didn't think these comments from Pep were too clever. Athough he is probably honest.

"With situations I can't control, I adapt. We are not going to go to West Ham saying what a disaster it was to be here because of the heat and humidity.

"It is not good. I would have preferred to do it another way but it is what it is. We have to be here, so we do the best we can."

In other words we are here for the money, which is what the Chinese article said. Of course all touring clubs are the same because any coach would train in a training camp somewhere isolated and then maybe set up 2-3 friendlies that's somewhere convenient.

(https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49101807)

I didn't think these comments from Pep were too clever. Athough he is probably honest.

"With situations I can't control, I adapt. We are not going to go to West Ham saying what a disaster it was to be here because of the heat and humidity.

"It is not good. I would have preferred to do it another way but it is what it is. We have to be here, so we do the best we can."

In other words we are here for the money, which is what the Chinese article said. Of course all touring clubs are the same because any coach would train in a training camp somewhere isolated and then maybe set up 2-3 friendlies that's somewhere convenient.

(https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49101807)
We are doing what every big club does,there is no story here,pep has been honest that's all,for season prep it's pants

lets be honest, do you think whoever was picked to tell Pep we would be going to China again enjoyed the task? I'm sure he was royally pissed and that has come across in spades this time like it did last.

The problem is that the two sides to pre-season aren't compatible the playing staff and management want to train and get ready for the season, the marketing team want to sell the brand and your not doing that in East Manchester

I'm confused at what Pep or the club are being criticised for... when is a tour not done for commercial reasons? When is "gaining new fans" not commercial?

If the criticism is that a coach saying he would rather spend the summer in Manchester at the state of the art training facility, with everything he could ever need but understands a club this size has commercial commitments that goes with being at the top of the game. Is somehow wrong/disrespectful, then there are some very naive people out there. That is in no way disrespectful to China or the Chinese fans.

Regardless of the above(which was said before we even went on tour as I remember it), the words in that article were not justified, it was aimed at the players and coach being disrespectful to the fans. He failed to back any of that up and the above doesn't do that either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.