City all over Manchester

Hold on. There’s a Tim Hortons in Manchester and Is that Lukaku on the poster?

Tim Hortons are everywhere now.

I can only assume they must be a lot better in Canada as I got a coffee and some “Tim Bits” little donut things from the one in Stockport a few months ago and it was utter shite. Sub-Greggs level.

Tim Hortons are everywhere now.

I can only assume they must be a lot better in Canada as I got a coffee and some “Tim Bits” little donut things from the one in Stockport a few months ago and it was utter shite. Sub-Greggs level.
I went to one in Toronto and they're pretty much exactly the same but, I think this is important, they cost about the same as Gregg's there where here they're shite *and* you need to remortgage the house.

I went to one in Toronto and they're pretty much exactly the same but, I think this is important, they cost about the same as. Gregg's there.

Yeah I thought it was pricey for what it is but tbh I’ve stopped looking too closely at the prices of food and drink now, it just angers me! Only popped in as I was picking something up from Argos and fancied a brew and a quick snack.

The place was enormous and there was no bugger in there as well, never a good sign.

That whole area from the Gardens down to Corporation Street isn't great.

I worked in the city centre for 15 years until recently and now the only time I ever go into Manchester is on matchdays, and I’m struck by what a shithole it is.

Mind you most cities are.

Look at Paris, held up as one of if not the most beautiful city in the world and in my experience it’s a cesspit full of pickpockets and junkies…

I’m much more of a country bumpkin these days.

I worked in the city centre for 15 years until recently and now the only time I ever go into Manchester is on matchdays, and I’m struck by what a shithole it is.

Mind you most cities are.

Look at Paris, held up as one of if not the most beautiful city in the world and in my experience it’s a cesspit full of pickpockets and junkies…

I’m much more of a country bumpkin these days.
I've never been to Paris, but I've I heard the same thing about it. Away from the tourist-y parts, it's a real dump. Ditto London, Dublin, New York, LA; probably most big cities, to be honest.

Are we at Manchester Airport yet? I seem to remember Man U had a welcome to the champions as I touched down in Manchester years ago as I was checking out and in .. I felt sick looking at it back in the day.

I've never been to Paris, but I've I heard the same thing about it. Away from the tourist-y parts, it's a real dump. Ditto London, Dublin, New York, LA; probably most big cities, to be honest.

Scandinavia seem to be able to look after their cities alright.

I’ve been to several cities in Norway, Sweden and Denmark for work and they’re clean, pleasant places with transport infrastructure literally a century ahead of us.

Anyway I’m probably derailing this thread with my moans about scruffy cities…!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.