City and debt

The only scary question we need to ask is will our owners keep on funding us year after year. Remember the figures for this years wage bill will be a massive negative, no way will gate receipts and our commercial operations cover it, we will be running a defecit for years. Luckily our owners seem to want to build our club up by progression, i.e improving year on year, i hope we can make the CL this year because our generous owners deserve it, they have put there money on the table so to speak. There is one big obsticle in the way , Platini trying to move the goal posts, if that jerk gets his way you wouldn't blame our owners if they pissed of to a sport that welcomed inward investment.

eddie c 123 said:
Got into an argument with a rag and so I was wondering if anyone can help me out with a few questions about debt involving our club and other prem clubs.

Do we have any debt?

Will the rags debt eventually catch up to them and how much are they in debt?

If our owner leaves will we owe him money? a chelsea fan said this to me and was saying about their owner and that the club owes him money which is their debt.

Thanks guys :)

The most painful fact for rag fan is 70% of 699m current debt secured against Old Trafford and the Carrington training ground.

Yes, City has no debt and owns no ground, but Old Trafford and Carrington is under huge mortgage which is keeping on growing up to be burst in one day.

fbloke said:
Its interesting how this debt argument seems to change focus.

But United can do neither.

So debt increases, squad shrinks, debt increases, squad ages, debt increases, squad has less quality, debt increases, Fergie retires BOOM!

ALL IN MY LIFETIME - LMFAO

Im off for a a cuppa and a giggle

Am I alone in thinking the FA also realise this, and will do anything in their power (the fact we need an FA Watch set up?) to ensure the established top 4 remain the top 4? Or do I watch far to much conspiracy tv? Its true that if any of them dropped out, the financial implications to them would be huge, and the credibility of the Premier League, in their eyes, would be completely exposed, as one or more of Englands 'top' clubs crashes and burns.

BooksReject said:
fbloke said:
Its interesting how this debt argument seems to change focus.

But United can do neither.

So debt increases, squad shrinks, debt increases, squad ages, debt increases, squad has less quality, debt increases, Fergie retires BOOM!

ALL IN MY LIFETIME - LMFAO

Im off for a a cuppa and a giggle

Am I alone in thinking the FA also realise this, and will do anything in their power (the fact we need an FA Watch set up?) to ensure the established top 4 remain the top 4? Or do I watch far to much conspiracy tv? Its true that if any of them dropped out, the financial implications to them would be huge, and the credibility of the Premier League, in their eyes, would be completely exposed, as one or more of Englands 'top' clubs crashes and burns.
You're not alone in thinking that. Rags and Scousers are very vulnerable if they lose CL income plus they are two of the biggest commercial assets to the Premier League worldwide.

If the rags cant make it pay no one can. Its only the leveraged buyout thats fucked them up. The leveraged buyout is what Platini should be trying to stop. Cunts who buy the club then pile shitloads of debt back onto the club, so essentially the club is paying for itself and the owner is laughing his socks off.

Prestwich blue your postings are top and i enjoy reading them

on the Thaksin scenario we will have to agree to disagree..........

If the rags cant make it pay no one can. Its only the leveraged buyout thats fucked them up. The leveraged buyout is what Platini should be trying to stop. ***** who buy the club then pile shitloads of debt back onto the club, so essentially the club is paying for itself and the owner is laughing his socks off.
Agree with above
Rags will always make a profit therefore will always be available for investment. If they were to be sold tomorrow one assumes the sale of shares would wipe out the debt, what the Glazers have is money making machine for them personally. Only reason I can see why the rags have no money is because they have to pay the interest on the debt saw on another site what they will have to pay back in next few years to get rid of debt and it is frightening unless the banks extend their credit (which they will).

kismet said:

I admire your charitable view of him Kismet but I know things from people involved in the takeover, or people close to those that were, that give me a less benevolent view.

Prestwich_Blue said:
kismet said:

I admire your charitable view of him Kismet but I know things from people involved in the takeover, or people close to those that were, that give me a less benevolent view.

Cmon now share your knowledge here.

We wont tell anyone, promise.

Bonol said:
The only scary question we need to ask is will our owners keep on funding us year after year. Remember the figures for this years wage bill will be a massive negative, no way will gate receipts and our commercial operations cover it, we will be running a defecit for years. Luckily our owners seem to want to build our club up by progression, i.e improving year on year, i hope we can make the CL this year because our generous owners deserve it, they have put there money on the table so to speak. There is one big obsticle in the way , Platini trying to move the goal posts, if that jerk gets his way you wouldn't blame our owners if they pissed of to a sport that welcomed inward investment.

I read that the wages for the duration of the contracts as well as the transfer fees have already been provided for!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.