City and Israel

Very interesting thread. Not raggish at all. Would be interesting if we bought an Isralie Messi that turned into a world star. As it stands he would not travel with the team on our regular visits to UAE..... dilemma

I worked for the Royal family in Qatar for a while. They were always treading a line between religious considerations and westernisation/liberalisation and trying to find a 'new way' . Scenarios such as I described can be a useful tool to shift/change/focus public opinion. Our creation of a powerful women's team will create waves in certain parts of the Arab world for instance. Royalty is obviously not democratic but they still court popularity in their own state/emirat/ country. I have my own problems about Israel but I am not ant- Jewish (quite the oppossite). I suspect many Arabs (but by no means not all) have the same view.

These issues and contradictions have been evident to our owners from day one. At times it will inevitably throw an uncomfortable spotlight on issues wider than football. Could this be an unwritten part of 'the project'?

AntiUnited said:
Muslims have no issues with Jews (they have lived together for ages) . They have a problem with Israel and their occupation of Palestine but due to most being ignorant they just think any jew is a Israeli .
Or they associate all individual Jews with the actions of Israel, which is the same as saying all Muslims are terrorists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.