City and West Ham fans

always had the upmost respect for west ham, we’ve always got on since 87 anytime we’ve met home or away england matches or when bumping into each other whilst playing different teams the respects is always there and mutual, they’re very similar to us local working class hardcore original support with a mutual hatred of united & spurs, was the same this season first game down there had good laugh with the hammers in pubs near the ground as usual and on way in & leaving, and if any irons are reading this i hope you win your european final tomorrow and bring that silverware back to your loyal supporters.

I did congratulate bluehammer but he took offence, a post about the questionable morality of the nob head on day time TV (Holly’s presenter partner, can’t bring myself to post his name)

So, I still want the Hammers to win but if they don’t I’ve got a little bit of schadenfreude for our eponymous poster.

Used to deal with a supplier who was a big west ham fan. He was born and bred cockney but moved to Gloucester as a young un and used to travel to maine Road to watch the blues as was a supporters coach running and he had no means of getting to west ham games, so he had a soft spot for blues.
Used to bring him to the Parkside pre match back in the day, or Northern Quarter when we moved to Etihad - never any bother with his accent and colours on !
Would be made up for him if they won - he hated United more than I did.
Come on you Irons

I had my wedding do in Fiesole which is up the road from the Viola's ground (north stand is the Curva Fiesole) and some of their fan groups are sound, albeit some others are twats. So against most clubs I'd be supporting them; but West Ham fans are a decent bunch who deserve some success so I'll be hoping there's some happy hammers by the end of the game.

Went to Boleyn in 1967.

City won 4-2 & were applauded off the pitch.

We weren't applauded to our coaches though....fist fights all the way !!
Also went to that game it was 3-2 and we won the League that season 67/68,remember Lee with a great volley he got 2 that afternoon.Also back from Euston with my mates City team also on the train lots of them gambling with the cards.

The previous 2 games at Maine Road saw some of the worst trouble at the ground.
The first year West Ham had a big mob in the Main Stand doing the oakie cokie and congas.
They then congregated at the Platt Lane end of Maine Road and then charged at City and basically took liberties.
They tried it the following season only to find half of Moss Side turning up at full time and got the hiding of their lives
Not such a special relationship then...over the years.
Wasn't there a City fan stabbed a few years back after a night game (?)
At The Etihad..,on the way back into town.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.