City and West Ham fans

Not quite the same as my recollection. Certainly a decent turnout but think we only had the corner bit and I don’t recall it being that packed particularly. Was a good day out though.
A long standing WHU mate of mine agrees with this.He has been watching the irons since early 80s,and was at UP for the end of season 87 game.he acknowledges the love in at the final whistle but always used to question me in the 90s about why City fans say they had 4k or even 5k in the away end. He pointed out the away end only held 2k on the corner,and the attendance that day was 18k..he says no way dud WH have less than 16k fans there.i trust his word

I've heard since over the years tho that Lots of City's firm were stopped travelling to the ground once they'd reached London,so maybe loads of City set out for the match,a lot less actually got in..

Fantastic atmosphere
Niall Quinn actually put us in front, Gabbiadini equalised with a superb diving header in front of the packed Platt land,absolutely rammed with mackems..still one of the best away goals I've seen at Maine rd
It gave their fans real hope,it was a proper centre forwards goal and the roar was deafening!
The 3-2 win meant we finished 5th,one place above utd
Great day,great match Top result.
that was the only time i couldnt get in the Parkside. It had been taken over, and all the area around it.

A long standing WHU mate of mine agrees with this.He has been watching the irons since early 80s,and was at UP for the end of season 87 game.he acknowledges the love in at the final whistle but always used to question me in the 90s about why City fans say they had 4k or even 5k in the away end. He pointed out the away end only held 2k on the corner,and the attendance that day was 18k..he says no way dud WH have less than 16k fans there.i trust his word

I've heard since over the years tho that Lots of City's firm were stopped travelling to the ground once they'd reached London,so maybe loads of City set out for the match,a lot less actually got in..
There footage I’ve seen and it’s more than 2k. Let me have a look. It’s a small end but absolutely rammed. City’s lads did get detained and never even got there.

Hammers on the east side and QPR on the west
Best clubs and fans in London. Proper sound working class and local fanbases
Fulham and Charlton are nice awaydays but it’s like being at a convention of teachers and social workers
Millwall is like visiting Germany in 1938, horrible racist bastards wallowing in a shitheap
Tarqins, spurs, chelsea are home counties hugos

I recently discovered by accident the local where I walk the dog hosts their osc. Watched about 6 partial matches there with them not losing so they see her as a lucky charm as erm lost a fair bit before hand. So in the interest of good relations I’ll take the mutt on a 3 hour walk tomorrow to incorporate the full match.

Surely nobody would begrudge West Ham fans a trophy? Talk about long suffering…
Indeed.

If West Ham win tonight they would have the longest standing European run of any English club from their first win to most recent because they were the second English club to win a European trophy with the 1965 European Cup Winners Cup (something seldom mentioned by the Redshirt loving media).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.