City and West Ham fans

I'm currently on the train to Prague from Vienna with wife who's a West Ham fan. We're off to Istanbul tomorrow. I so want them to win but if they do and we lose I may just stay in Istanbul for a year or two. And I was there in 87 so soft spot
What a fantastic trip with your nearest and dearest, hope you both have an amazing time.

I remember them charging us outside the main stand at Maine Road. As a kid of about 10 it scared the crap out of me. Never seen so many police, dogs and horses descend so quickly. Never really trusted them since that day.
Getting legged by a few hundred West Ham skins near store street was an experience.

could have been that 1984 League Cup game as it was a night match or years before...fuck knows

Last edited:
I need help with my foc memory.
I remember being at a night game very late 70s early eighties,..memory again
They took over Platt Lane and got in the Maine Stand, was kicking off outside the ground before and after.
Convinced myself it was a League cup game,but probably wrong,the prolific Tony Cunningham was playing.

Just watched 10 mins of footage from the game.( May 1987)
Checked official attendance 18,413..if that's correct I don't see now whu would have had only 15k home fans for an end of season match where Billy Bonds and Mark Ward were presented with awards..Whu were a half decent team ,the fans cheered the team off at the end and were still on the pitch when the home players came up into the stands to show their thanks

You can hear chants of City City, quite loud ..if I were to guess,the whu rush on the away end happened well after the pitch invasion to applaud their own players,and that must have taken half hour at least.

I'd say 2k ,maybe just over is about right and West ham were not the sort of club to pander to away fans 're ticket allocation anyway.

I did use to know a lad who worked on their turnstiles tho,he never seemed short of cash lol ;)
Yeah, just watched it and you’re right although we might have had a seated section too. Most grounds did back then.

I need help with my foc memory.
I remember being at a night game very late 70s early eighties,..memory again
They took over Platt Lane and got in the Maine Stand, was kicking off outside the ground before and after.
Convinced myself it was a League cup game,but probably wrong,the prolific Tony Cunningham was playing.
League Cup 1984/85

I have worked and drank all over London and my favourite pub was called The Sheepwalk in Ilford. Had some really good nights in there as it was a proper footy pub of all London teams. None friendlier than Hammers fans though, proper decent and down to earth supporters. Í really hope they can bring the cup home tonight.

Come On You Irons!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.