City bus scheme for home games - bus tracking (P91)

Don’t want to put a dampener on it, as I think it’s a great idea. But you’d have thought they’d find somewhere a bit closer than that to pick up wouldn’t you?

Must be best part of a mile’s walk to the far side of the ground from there.
I suppose the buses could drive through the fans & park outside Vinnie’s statue…….

it was a 5 minute walk to the ground ffs

Don’t want to put a dampener on it, as I think it’s a great idea. But you’d have thought they’d find somewhere a bit closer than that to pick up wouldn’t you?

Winners and losers wherever the pick up spots are.

I leave my seat halfway up SS3 when the whistle blows, stand around on the stems for ages as the crowd filters out (gives me chance to applaud the players), it then takes me a lifetime to get out, walk around the ground and until recently get to my car on Ten Acres, by the time I'm there my car is Billy no mates.

Getting out of SS3 is an anomaly but walking around the ground if on the wrong side means City would need 2/3 buses for each route for them to be handy.

I assume the pick up locations were so chosen as to avoid traffic congestion. Hopefully they can come up with something that enables them to be a bit closer in the future. Especially for the Middleton and Radcliffe buses so that pedestrians don’t have to walk past the lake that forms under the railway bridge in heavy rain.

Reactions: CC1
I suppose the buses could drive through the fans & park outside Vinnie’s statue…….

it was a 5 minute walk to the ground ffs

I don’t even know where that college is other than looking at the map the guy posted and it looks a lot further than five minutes on that. Maybe I walk slow.

I don’t even know where that college is other than looking at the map the guy posted and it looks a lot further than five minutes on that. Maybe I walk slow.
Nah mate. It’s really not too far. Few teething problems re getting away - no idea why the clipboard lady wouldn’t let the full bus leave. But I’m sure it will get more slick in time. I tried it from Macc & it took approximately 40 minutes longer to get home but would have been ok if we’d been allowed to leave on time. See what happens. I’ll use it again on Tuesday. Different time - different problems maybe???

Nah mate. It’s really not too far. Few teething problems re getting away - no idea why the clipboard lady wouldn’t let the full bus leave. But I’m sure it will get more slick in time. I tried it from Macc & it took approximately 40 minutes longer to get home but would have been ok if we’d been allowed to leave on time. See what happens. I’ll use it again on Tuesday. Different time - different problems maybe???

Fair enough. In fairness, some people are going to at the complete wrong end of the ground no matter where they go from and they’ve go to go from somewhere.

Someone mentioned that they were monitoring how many returns they’d sold and would reserve places for them, over people who just wanted to use it going home.

Maybe that was why clipboard lady was holding it back, if they had a load not tuned up with return tickets?

Reactions: CC1
Did anyone get the Blackley bus? How was it, and how many are there? Is it just one bus for each route?
Yep... was on the No 15 - Midd, Balckley, Etihad... worked really well.Journey took about 25 mis going and the same back. only about 20 on it.. bus left pretty promptly after the game - 7.45

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.