City announce trial bus scheme for home games

It isn’t wrong, apparently the club are subsidising the buses, it would be nice if they could subsidise more, but maybe subsidising more buses not the prices more would be better still. Hopefully they can do more but it doesn’t make the fares wrong.
If tram is cheaper and more convenient for yourself then fair enough use the tram, which will hopefully be less crowded due to others using the bus scheme. The more options the better.
Wrong might be the wrong word. Pricey seems better. No issues with them trying it and if it helps fans get to the ground, it‘s great.

Hopefully enough use it to get more busses needed and that might help lower the fare.

A family of 4 is £32 at the moment. Might as well get a parking ticket and park near the ground for that price.

Wrong might be the wrong word. Pricey seems better. No issues with them trying it and if it helps fans get to the ground, it‘s great.

Hopefully enough use it to get more busses needed and that might help lower the fare.

A family of 4 is £32 at the moment. Might as well get a parking ticket and park near the ground for that price.
Ye that will be the biggest stumbling block I can see, but maybe if they can come up,with a deal with the council, after all it’s those twats who have stopped all the parking, then prices can come down.

Seen a YouTube video of these buses last night. 8 quid from somewhere in Oldham and no concessions. That's not right and I hope the club sort this out ASAP! 8 quid seems a touch steep for full fare, but no concessions is terrible. It's only a trial at the moment so I'm hoping the club sees sense. 2 quid concessions and 4 quid zone one and 6 quid zone 2 wouldn't kill the club. And a family ticket at discounted rate wouldn't go a miss City. I know The City group are a money making machine yes, but we can't price our hardcore support out of coming to games.

Last edited:
Boothstown bus was half an hour late tonight but managed to get us there half an hour before kick off. Must have taken us 25 minutes to get home, can’t fault that
So when it didn’t come on time, how did you know it was half an hour late and not an hour or not coming at all?

So when it didn’t come on time, how did you know it was half an hour late and not an hour or not coming at all?

Someone rang them to confirm if it was turning up or not and they said it was on the way. Traffic round our end is bad at the moment due to road works, so think they will be on a learning curve to set the bus off earlier from the depot sooner than you would on a weekend as this was only attempt number two. Or at least I hope they do.

Parking ticket is cheaper if paid within 14 days :-)

Not necessarily disagreeing, but I think the club should be putting the emphasis on speed rather than price.

We used to drive, but the traffic was a joke, so we now get a return train ticket from Hazel Grove for £6.60. (or £7.90 for midweek matches as we're travelling at peak times)
The problem now, particularly for a midweek 8pm kick off, is that the only realistic train home leaves Piccadilly at 11:15, and I'm literally opening my front door at midnight, more than two hours after the Final Whistle for a game that only took place around 12 miles away.

The club should be emphasizing that a bus home takes away all the stress of driving and gets me home an hour earlier than a train journey.

Not necessarily disagreeing, but I think the club should be putting the emphasis on speed rather than price.

We used to drive, but the traffic was a joke, so we now get a return train ticket from Hazel Grove for £6.60. (or £7.90 for midweek matches as we're travelling at peak times)
The problem now, particularly for a midweek 8pm kick off, is that the only realistic train home leaves Piccadilly at 11:15, and I'm literally opening my front door at midnight, more than two hours after the Final Whistle for a game that only took place around 12 miles away.

The club should be emphasizing that a bus home takes away all the stress of driving and gets me home an hour earlier than a train journey.
Oh for sure, if it’s the quickest way to get home, then they can add a premium for that.

Driving is still cheaper for me, than the tram at the moment. Then the bus.

I’d get the tram in from town and walk back as personal preference.

The buses do sound good in terms of getting Blues together and transporting them around too. Plenty to talk about!

Seen a YouTube video of these buses last night. 8 quid from somewhere in Oldham and no concessions. That's not right and I hope the club sort this out ASAP! 8 quid seems a touch steep for full fare, but no concessions is terrible. It's only a trial at the moment so I'm hoping the club sees sense. 2 quid concessions and 4 quid zone one and 6 quid zone 2 wouldn't kill the club. And a family ticket at discounted rate wouldn't go a miss City. I know The City group are a money making machine yes, but we can't price our hardcore support out of coming to games.
Buses from oldham are still using turnips and lumps of coal as currency aren't they

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.