City announce trial bus scheme for home games

Did anyone get the Macclesfield bus today?

Possibly no Warrington on there because it’s not part of Gtr Mcr conurbation???
I live in Warrington and the OSC no longer has a minibus option, so there would be demand if the bus took in stops on the way to Mcr.
Is Macclesfield part of the Gtr MCR conurbation? I wouldn’t have thought so?

Yep does seem very strange if they're willing to come all the way from Macclesfield you think they'd want to service areas like Bolton, Westhoughton, Wigan, Leigh, Atherton etc...also odd not seeing Warrington on there.
Places like Warrington, Wigan, Leigh and macc seem a bit too far away for a bus service like this in my opinion. I think a lot of it is based on areas with the highest number of season tickets as well - could be wrong though

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing how the Altrincham service operates. I'll have a brief visit home just after Easter and my 14-year-old German nephew will be there at the same time. He's quite an avid fan of City and I'd love to takle huim to his first game against Villa on April 3. Just womndering whether the bus or the Metrolink will be a better bet, as he'll be at my mum's house which is within easy walking distance from the Interchange.

Looking forward to seeing how the Altrincham service operates. I'll have a brief visit home just after Easter and my 14-year-old German nephew will be there at the same time. He's quite an avid fan of City and I'd love to takle huim to his first game against Villa on April 3. Just womndering whether the bus or the Metrolink will be a better bet, as he'll be at my mum's house which is within easy walking distance from the Interchange.
As a lover of the team system 99% of the time I’d say the team is a different experience and more interesting. Only problem is the crowds returning.

So it’s the old conundrum: swings or roundabouts! :-)

Hope you and your nephew have an excellent time. :-)

As a lover of the team system 99% of the time I’d say the team is a different experience and more interesting. Only problem is the crowds returning.

So it’s the old conundrum: swings or roundabouts! :-)

Hope you and your nephew have an excellent time. :-)
Ohhhh help @petrusha the joys (not) of predictive text and typing in a hurry!!!
That should be TRAM not team!! Apologies :-)

One bus all the way through Disley to the Etihad, no chance of there being any space by the time it hits great moor.
Personally I'm not too concerned about pre match as I like to have a drink in town.
However post match there should be a double decker bus from the ETIHAD direct to the Park and Ride behind the 192 Bus Hub in Hazel Grove. This would also benefit drivers from Buxton to High Lane
More importantly, the emphasis should be on speed rather than making a profit
If Andy Burnham is serious about getting cars off the road then this is the only way it will work.

Thanks for getting in touch about public transport provision to the Co-Op Live Arena which is due to open this April.

I'm aware of the challenges related to the venue's location and capacity and I would like to assure you that Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) has been working closely with the Co-op Live Arena on plans around transport to and from the venue.

All parties are working together to limit the impact to the overall transport network. Detailed travel information will be published ahead of the venue opening with a particular focus on public transport services to and from the arena. In support of this, additional capacity has already been introduced on the tram network, with services now operating every six minutes between the city centre and Etihad Campus and additional strengthening planned during events.

I've spoken to TfGM about your suggestion of restoring rail services on the Phillips Park line to help people get to and from the area, and they've advised this isn't an option that's being considered. This is largely due to the fact that it would be difficult to justify the business case and cost involved for such a project purely from an events perspective. There is also nowhere for trains to go at either end of the line and capacity issues across central Manchester on existing infrastructure. The focus will, instead, be on enhancing other public transport, including dedicated bus services. More details will be announced by TfGM and the arena in the coming weeks.

I trust the above proves useful and thanks for taking the time to get in touch and share your feedback.

Andy Burnham

Mayor of Greater Manchester

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.