City are the most watched Team in the World

Ahh…I think that’s worse now I think about it. Perfectly reasonable.

Hopefully get that overturned somehow.

Yep. It’s not like they were just like ‘here’s an extra 50m bonus payment’.

Also shows they’re actively trying to limit our sponsorship values despite us being the most watched club in the world.

Not that anyone cares about us of course.

Stick that up yer bum PL with your sponsors are paying you too much and you don’t get a bonus for winning the CL.

You’d imagine the most watched club on the planet, who wins trebles, CLs and regularly breaks long held records would be pretty much able to name their price sponsorship wise, no?

You’d imagine the most watched club on the planet, who wins trebles, CLs and regularly breaks long held records would be pretty much able to name their price sponsorship wise, no?

You'd also imagine it would be the benchmark when assessing the sponsorship of other, less successful and less-watched clubs.

Livepool-fan-panic-attack.jpg

Hahaha, we love to see it. They cannot hack(no pun) this at all.

If you actually look at the article he's clinging onto, there's "no source" to the figures on the Craig Evans(LFC vice president of communications) tweet the article is based on either. That figure also only covers English domestic football, from August 23rd to March 24th last season. Rather than all comps, for the whole of the season,11th August to May 19th.

His 'you pick' comment is the cherry ontop. A Liverpool account(isn't that a fansite? So it's not even that), who's source is a Liverpool employee vs the Manchester Evening News who source is a journalist, who actually would have more to lose by fabricating sources/information, while using Nielsen's name.

Another one:

Another-Livepool-fan-panic-attack.jpg

If he'd followed his own advice, he'd see there were no reports from May either, or any relating to TV views data in European Football from recent times, in fact. So they don't appear to publish the "info" on their own site, by which he probably meant to say data research. He's talking absolute shite as far as I can see.

They probably sell it to the people who can make use of it(clubs, sponsors, journalists etc).

Feel free to pass any of this on, if you have a reddit account and want to revel in their squirming.

The irony of the final sentence from “Bobbis91” is beyond delicious.

The irony of the final sentence from “Bobbis91” is beyond delicious.
Yep, zero self awareness. Hating City and taking turns chatting absolute bollocks, while nodding their heads at other people's absolute bollocks, goes hand in hand it seems. They love it.
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Flowres.cartoonstock.com%2Fhobbies-leisure-militia-neighborhood_militia-neighbourhood_militia-knitting_circle-hobby-bwhn681_low.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=f462ce688bd55bfc45baa77356b71b11f78f58a61b4f73dffd574bd2a778d374&ipo=images

Also, what does he mean by 'Nielsen family concept'?

d8baee390906806e7f4083deecde31e8.gif

City, City, the most watched team in the land and all the world.

Also, what does he mean by 'Nielsen family concept'?
Is'nt this just a way of describing the small (but supposed statistically significant) number of households they monitor and extrapolate from ? Surveyed a thousand households and spin it to millions like the rags did with there Billion fans.

Is'nt this just a way of describing the small (but supposed statistically significant) number of households they monitor and extrapolate from ? Surveyed a thousand households and spin it to millions like the rags did with there Billion fans.
I thought Nielsen were one of the market leaders in their field though?

Maybe you're right but the way things have moved on elsewhere since the 90s-00s, I expect they have advanced data collection and analysis tech at play.

Not that anything will be 100% accurate, they are always estimates.

I think that's one of the complaints City have with the PL wanting control FMV with sponsorship valuations from the same company. It should never be left to one source. He's blatantly trying to disregard their viewership stats completely there though(while wrong about their reports being publicly available on their site as far as I can see... he's just waffling). With no other source to reference, other than his pub stats, more likely than not.

If they don't accept the only data we have on global TV views in football(which is fine), then it's pointless of them entering a debate about how popular/widely watched City are(probably does it all the time, why else would they be so triggered?).

While we are on that subject, it seems obvious why the PL didn't want to stick to UEFA's method of managing FMV. Which uses several UEFA approved auditors to give a range of values you have to stay within, unless I'm mistaken. With just one firm to worry about, it would be far easier for them to exert their influence/directive to target certain sponsorships that they simply don't like(which isn't exactly 'fair'). As my maths teacher used to say, statistics can be manipulated to show whatever you want them to(he used an example of an elephant's weight being supported by something that obviously couldn't, I forget how it went), if you were that way inclined.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.