City Bars New York

Was in NY earlier in the year and watched the Arsenal match at Amity Hall whilst my Mrs mooched round Soho.

Thought the atmosphere in there was great and spoke to a few US blues who were welcoming.

Slightly bizarre sight of most tables having these kind of yard of ale contraptions with taps on them.

Good fun in there though - lots of singing and even selling ‘half time draw tickets’ which raised a smile as don’t imagine many in there were about to reminisce about those draw tickets being sold at Maine Road

Last edited:
Went to see the Copenhagen away game in Feb whilst on Holiday: even emailed the supportes branch on the mcfc supporters club portal, myself being a member and secretary for the Widnes Branch. Told them that we would love to meet everyone ect one branch to another. However the locals were a litle conservative and the only bloke I spoke to was more interested in flogging merchandise, might have been better if it was a weekend but even wgen myself and my son tried getting some songs going no bugger joined in, excellent beer , food and helpful staff though

Went to see the Copenhagen away game in Feb whilst on Holiday: even emailed the supportes branch on the mcfc supporters club portal, myself being a member and secretary for the Widnes Branch. Told them that we would love to meet everyone ect one branch to another. However the locals were a litle conservative and the only bloke I spoke to was more interested in flogging merchandise, might have been better if it was a weekend but even wgen myself and my son tried getting some songs going no bugger joined in, excellent beer , food and helpful staff though
I've been to games at a few supporters club bars in the states. Weekend games - apart from 7.30am or even 6.30am / 4.30am games depending where you) are obviously the best attended / best atmosphere.
Midweek games are 3pm on the east coast so not generally well attended until the quarter final stage. There are only so many dentist appointments you can make.....

As for songs, unless it's an up to date, modern song like Champions again Ole Ole.... or best team in the land etc I've now given up even trying to start.
At the derby at the Swamp last season I started off "never felt more like singing the blues." No one knew any of the words. I stoically carried on to the end on my own and met with silence.....

I know who you mean by the merchandiser seller and had a good chat with him - I think he is on here!
There weren't too many in that day I went (Champions League game.last December) but a decent crowd for a work day afternoon and were friendly / chatty. I'd certainly go again if in NY on a match day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.