City beat Fluminense and are crowned World Club Champions

This BT preoccupation with "the third tier of football' I suppose it's a good story, but emphasising it so much sounds like we were a fixture there, when really it was an anomaly. It gives young uninformed fans the wrong picture of our club. Anyway, sod em. The best team in the land and all the world are about to get the trophy to confirm it.
It should be an inspiration to any team now in the third tier then. In twenty years they too could be world champions. All thanks to FFP which ensures a level playing field and a true sporting meritocracy.

Let us not forget-
* there will be a time again when we throw away a two goal lead at home.
* we will get injury problems to key players
* we will fume over controversial VAR decisions
* we will miss out on a key transfer target
* There will be times we miss out on trophies.
But
We are Club World Champions.
This City of ours
And fuck it feels good.
Let us not forget.

IMG-20231222-WA0021.jpg

World, European, English Premier League, UEFA Super Cup & FA Cup CHAMPIONS 2023!! FIVE major titles in the same calendar year. Did we ever dare to dream football could get as good as this after York away!

Kudos to Fluminense who made a game of it with some brilliant football at times. However, we were just too strong for them.

I saw the kickoff, but missed the first goal after grabbing my phone to put it on silent. But what an inventive chest in from Julian after 40 seconds!

But from the 5th - 15th minute, we hardly touched the ball as they turned on the Brazilliant style.

We remained solid & harried them until we drew parity after 20 minutes. On 35 minutes we got on top, & it remained that way until the end.

I thought we were outstanding to a man. Jack looked somewhere near his best, & Rodri was imperious! When we started playing, it made the Fluminense players dizzy in the head, which got them frustrated.

That was a dangerous foul on Rodders, & for me, & luckily for the player, I think it was just the right side of a red card. I hope Rodders is OK, & our worst fears aren't realised.

With the Rodri scare & Philips possibly leaving in January, we can no longer leave his position to chance & need an able CDM partner to rotate & challenge Rodders.

In terms of possible Philips replacements, I was disappointed with Andre. Like many Fluminense players, at times they looked out of their depth. At least Pep got the chance of a closer look, so we can make a more informed decision on him, as we will have with Pahlinha.

Also, what a player John Kennedy is! He was seriously dangerous & caused us major problems when he came on. One to keep an eye on.

It felt better winning the Club World Cup than I thought it would. We have a brilliant manager, brilliant coaching staff, a brilliant squad, brilliant management, a brilliant owner & brilliant fans.

Well done to us all, we well & truly deserve our successes. )(

Last edited:
Even Donald Trump commented on City’s win.
”The game was rigged. Foden is a Biden operative and City had some dead people playing for them. I said to FIFA ‘All you have to do is find me five goals, because Fluminense won that game.’”

the commentator proposed guardiola had to start being talked about as the greatest manager of all time, or in that discussion which Savage first agreed with

then about 2 minutes later came back with some argument about Ferguson based on having done more with achievements above expectation at Aberdeen and Brian Clough at Forest.

Which are both fine arguments (if a little uk centric) but it just felt like he was shoe horning United at every juncture possible.

I’ve made a joke with my girlfriend (not at all into football) when watching city with me that the commentators will always have to mention United or Liverpool for no reason and seems to happen evey game now im aware of making the joke.

I’ve watched 45 mins of Villa v Shef United just now and not once have city been mentioned (nor should they)
We all have, and of course are entitled to, opinions I like to refer to remove human basis with this complex algorithm
http://clubelo.com/Coaches IMG_2433.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.