City becoming a force in OZ

It's about bloody time too. I was walking around Sydney with my hoodie on that had 'Man City' on the front. I got a few funny looks but thought nothing of it.

Then I saw Michael McIntyre doing a piece on how "Man City" and "Man Utd" sound like gay bars.

Then it clicked as to why I got so many dirty looks wearing my "Man City" top!

I've never bought City stuff from anywhere except the OS. Even if I've seen kits or memorabilia that I like, I go straight to the site and buy from there.

Good to see that City shirts are available here,but $139-00,robbing bastards.

You can order it from the City shop and have it delivered to you home for alot less than that.

The rebel sports at Bondi junction don't carry them,I know because the missus tried to get me one for my birthday.
The cheeky f**cker said to her "we don't stock obscure teams,try the internet",she said would you have caused a scene,I think we all know the answer to that one.

Been meaning to de-lurk. This will work...

I knew we had arrived this summer when I was walking through Toronto's Kensington Market and saw about 50 knock-off sky blues for sale for $20 CDN. Nothing says legitimacy like cheap imitations from Hong Kong.

If you know where to look you can find the legit stuff too. I saw the third strip in a suburban shopping mall the other day ($140 CDN). It's still rare, but not unheard of to find the merch here now. It's a far cry from 10-15 years ago when jumping on a plane was about your only option.

There is a group of 15-20 that gather in Toronto now. All long-time supporters that have finally found one another as club's profile increases. We're on that Heart of the City thing on the Web site...

pominoz said:
Hi BlueCanuck,expat or Canadian blue?

Welcome aboard.

2nd generation Canadian. My mother's family is mostly from Bristol. When I was 12 (mid-80s), I met a cousin who was living in Manchester at the time. He taught me well. Thank God he had good taste in football teams because I don't want to consider what might have happened if he didn't.

The rest of my mother’s family are also City fans. Bristol City. So, I have a soft spot there, but...I’m hopelessly blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.