City borrow money from Barclays against TV revenue - any cause for concern?

Whilst i did start this thread i have to say it is without any malice Since the Sheik decided to choose us as his next"project" we have been for the most part in planet dreamland yes we have stumbled back to our "typical city ways" on occasions but my father, sons and i, have thanks to owners had a ball with fabulous memories that i never thought possible . during the bad times ( no i wasnt one of the many at York)

Does Franny still own a bog roll factory?

And can Michael Knighton still do keepie uppies?

So that 3% season ticket and matchday ticket price rise was papering over the cracks after all. ;-)

Don't think so, but this is probably the first time we've gone to a normal cash position (profitable the last few years but some heavy capital expenditure).

If the Sheikh wants us to be self sufficient, we can't be running cap in hand for a loan every time we're low on cash.
Apart from that our owner surely wants ADUG to make its own decisions about player valuations based on business decisions not must have auction buying.

If its managers know that their bonuses etc. will be assessed financially as well as by football.results it forces sensible buying rather than overpaying.

I've just been savaged for having the temerity to suggest the same!! :-)

Lol! Obviously people have opinions but to rely on dinho to stay fit, unsuspensed and in form for a season and be a huge mistake imo. To also say we have people who could “do a job” would also be a huge mistake! We only needed two players this summer and we got one of those in the door already! We are also receiving good fees for players leaving and if zinchenko goes for £16-20m and to Roberts for £10m then we have spent literally nothing this summer so there should be room for a top class DM/Deep lying midfielder! Pjanic or Thiago would have been superb but Kovacic would also be a great choice at the €50m fee. Dinho is still class but could easily fall of a cliff next season ah it would be astonishing if we haven’t planned for everything

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.