City Building World's 1st Football Stadium in the Metaverse

Youre right about sms. Was an afterthought and the companies had no idea it would be so popular. One co provided a single personal computer to host the entire thing!
SMS wasn't so much an afterthought, it was the way the systems engineers testing the systems communicated with each other in the field. It was included in the first analogue rollouts for engineers to continue using, but then caught on like wildfire when people realised they could use it to communicate instead of having to endure a phone call or going round to someone's house.

I sent my first SMS in 1991 to an ex business associate who owed my company money & was avoiding me for weeks. A day after I sent those first 160 characters, he sent a text back saying "Wow! I always wondered what the characters on the buttons were for!" It smoked him out & we eventually got paid. Happy Days! :-)

Has SMS made human to human communication in society any better in that respect? It's made it easier, but the world has become so much more impersonal since IMO... )(

If everyone chooses the Chairman’s seat to watch it from, I hope I’m not the one sat 100 yards up in the air, and I hope the bloke at the bottom doesn’t try to stand up!!

2 lads next to us at Burnley away years ago rolling up a large joint and missing several goater goals already done this adventure, next landmark a night game in Amsterdam.

Another way for us all to get fat. Automatic hoovers that go round corners & under settee's, football matches that we dont go to, driverless cars, robots that will cook our dinners and wash up, food deliveries, shopping & working from home, armchairs that raise you to a standing position...there'll be nothing left to do soon. Does anyone remember Penelopie Keith and that guy of the tv show called the good life where they grew there own food and owned pigs and chickens? Its a bit extreme but at least they kept busy.
Load of bollox mate.
VR is here to stay.
People get fit by doing VR workouts
Lookup Supernatural, The thrill of the fight, Fit XR, Les Mills Body combat, all available on the Oculus Quest 2, all excellent cardio workouts.
You can already watch Sky sports in VR but its a 2D cinema sized screen.
Netflix and Prime movies are available to watch in VR

This is probably 3 or 4 years away from a widespread adoption, but from about ten matches of the 60 competitive matches per season, City should be able generate significant pay-per-view revenue, akin to a boxing match. Personally, this isn't for me and for my vertigo. City owners have invested heavily back into football from the money the club makes, so hopefully a good chunk will go to football in various aspects, players, facilities, communities, etc.

Load of bollox mate.
VR is here to stay.
People get fit by doing VR workouts
Lookup Supernatural, The thrill of the fight, Fit XR, Les Mills Body combat, all available on the Oculus Quest 2, all excellent cardio workouts.
You can already watch Sky sports in VR but its a 2D cinema sized screen.
Netflix and Prime movies are available to watch in VR
My comment was light hearted but also true. Anyway everyone to their own and good luck to the people who make money from vr and other digitalised means. I won't be buying a virtual headset though to keep fit. Press ups, sit ups, squats and going for a jog has been around for decades and costs me nowt. Plus it keeps me warm....and i have a body to die for.

360_F_245207339_L6j9a2qrSK5FbNZQBjcKzclJQCi8qFm2.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.