City buy rights for old badge until 2017

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Damocles said:
I DEMAND a new kit with this on.

I don't know a single City fan who prefers the new badge.
Really? when we have done threads before, it always seems to me there is a 50/50 split, I hate the old badge it looks like something you would see on 60s corporation bus.

Went to school on a 60's corpy bus and then a trolley 213 to Greenheys, off at ArdwickGreen. Would have loved to have travelled on a bus with the City badge on it.

Damocles said:
I DEMAND a new kit with this on.

I don't know a single City fan who prefers the new badge.

That's right, you don't know me, do you...

Posters 'of a certain vintage' will always prefer the old one. Us whippersnappers have only ever really known the new one. The 3 stars- meh. But that eagle was borrowed from the crest of the Manchester Corporation and was used on City publications back into the 50s- so if we're talking the 'old' badge... the new one is the old one :)

Tbf I'm 31 so dont class myself in the "old" bracket just yet... I would love the old round City badge back on the shirt, a retro shirt and that badge would be like the glory days (back to where we are heading) City reborn as it were. I love the version our Australian friend did, the old badge with a subtle twist (someone find it again please!). We had that badge for the days we were on top and will so again in the future I'm sure. As for the Manchester crest, this should only be used for cup finals imo and the club have promised that will be the case.

not my fault! said:
Tbf I'm 31 so dont class myself in the "old" bracket just yet... I would love the old round City badge back on the shirt, a retro shirt and that badge would be like the glory days (back to where we are heading) City reborn as it were. I love the version our Australian friend did, the old badge with a subtle twist (someone find it again please!). We had that badge for the days we were on top and will so again in the future I'm sure. As for the Manchester crest, this should only be used for cup finals imo and the club have promised that will be the case.
I'm 24 and much prefer the old badge.. always have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.