City Circle

Why the club get involved in shite schemes like this to generate about 30 grand is beyond me. It was a shit idea and the whole shambles from start to finish has been an embarrassment. Sorry for all those who have parted with cash but you've really been well and truly done. It's not what you signed up for and what you ended up with is frankly a last-ditch attempt by the club to save face. But it's totally piss-poor and looks shit. If you don't ask for your money back then you're a complete mug imho of course.

The countdown continues with no more communication. 69ish hours to go and none of us are any the wiser , Ive arranged work so I can get there for 7 on thursday, but where are we to meet? how long are we there for? where are we meant to park if we are driving? basically what the fuck is going on?

just found this .....

The installation of each phase will only start when we have sold enough discs to make up the required number of letters. We are therefore unable to provide specific installation dates. We would like to be in a position to install Phase 1 during the 2012-13 Season and hope that the subsequent phases will follow shortly afterwards, although we make no guarantees in this regard.

You can follow progress of the development and find details of specific installation timings online www.mcfc.co.uk/citycircle. All customers will be advised by email periodically as to the estimated timeframe for their disc installation date.

In the event that there is insufficient demand to complete a phase, we reserve the right to remove from sale that phase or any part thereof and refund your money. A refund will be made in the same form of payment that was used to make the initial purchase.

We shall have no liability to you for any delay or failure to deliver the Products to the extent that such delay or failure to deliver arises from causes beyond our reasonable control including, but not limited to, fire, floods, acts of God, acts or regulations of any governmental or supranational authority, war, riot, strike, lock-out and industrial disputes

....... 2012-13 my fucking arse, we have lost won and lost the league since then.

So anyone who has to make arrangements for babysitters, getting there and back, sorting work out etc. still have no idea what the fuck is going on - where they're expected to go, when, for how long, what they'll be doing?

I don't care about City being shown up about this - I've lost all respect for the club after this, I hope the national press and something like Watchdog get a grip of this story and take the piss out of the club in the same way it has out of us.

Can you imagine this happening if the circles were corporate funded? Not a chance, they'd have been laid where they said they would be years ago and cleaned and polished before every game. But as it's just the fans - if it's the ones who only contribute a few hundred quid a year then fuck 'em, they'll come back no matter what happens. They've put up with 10% increases in ticket prices every year despite not having a pay rise anything like that, they've put up with awful service from the bars and food outlets for seasons now, they've even paid out another £50 to prove their loyalty every season - so what if they're not happy how this circle thing has gone - fuck 'em they'll be back next year.

Please join us and our special guests as we celebrate this lasting tribute to supporters and players, past and present. Complimentary, traditional matchday fayre will be provided along with a welcome drink on arrival.

Date: Thursday 24 September 2015

Location: West Concourse and Colin Bell Stand via Colin Bell Reception (Entrance U)

Arrival from: 6:00pm

Event starts: 7:00pm prompt

Dress code: Informal

CAR PARKING

Please park in the Yellow car park which is located off Rowsley Street as you enter the stadium (via Gate 11). The postcode for satellite navigation is M11 3FF. A stadium map is available here.

CITY CIRCLE UNVEILING

The evening will close at approximately 8:30pm with the official unveiling of City Circle. Sections of the evening are located outside within the stadium bowl and at the City circle location, so please ensure that you bring suitable clothing.

I'll be there on Thursday evening...but I'm thinking they really need to pull out all the stops on this one!

Feel really sorry for anyone involved in buying one of these as it was obvious on the night of the open training that the discs were knackered or had been stolen and they were only going to get in worse condition after fans had walked all over them.
I dread to think what the opening will be like with discs missing and unreadable.
The whole thing needs tarmacking over and the discs need wall mounting somewhere round the ground

So anyone who has to make arrangements for babysitters, getting there and back, sorting work out etc. still have no idea what the fuck is going on - where they're expected to go, when, for how long, what they'll be doing?

I don't care about City being shown up about this - I've lost all respect for the club after this, I hope the national press and something like Watchdog get a grip of this story and take the piss out of the club in the same way it has out of us.

Can you imagine this happening if the circles were corporate funded? Not a chance, they'd have been laid where they said they would be years ago and cleaned and polished before every game. But as it's just the fans - if it's the ones who only contribute a few hundred quid a year then fuck 'em, they'll come back no matter what happens. They've put up with 10% increases in ticket prices every year despite not having a pay rise anything like that, they've put up with awful service from the bars and food outlets for seasons now, they've even paid out another £50 to prove their loyalty every season - so what if they're not happy how this circle thing has gone - fuck 'em they'll be back next year.

If you have lost all respect for the club - don't come and watch a £54 million pound midfielder in an amazing arena with other world class players. You hope the national press take the piss out of our club - words fail me - what a dickhead. If you don't like the food service - again don't come - I think it is fine. Had a lovely pie chips and gravy at the weekend and really enjoyed my day out. I have bigger things to worry about in life than having to queue for 5 minutes. Young kids serving chips are not necessarily the sharpest tools but they are doing a job. If it offends you that much bring a packed lunch.

And I am sure if you emailed a polite email expressing your concerns to the club of what has happened with City Circle it would be dealt with in a first class manner. If I have an issue with the club I tend to find it is dealt with in a very professional manner.

They might have made a balls of this but they do far more good than bad. How many jobs have they provided to the City and area? Makes me sick posts like yours.

Get over it.

Why the club get involved in shite schemes like this to generate about 30 grand is beyond me. It was a shit idea and the whole shambles from start to finish has been an embarrassment. Sorry for all those who have parted with cash but you've really been well and truly done. It's not what you signed up for and what you ended up with is frankly a last-ditch attempt by the club to save face. But it's totally piss-poor and looks shit. If you don't ask for your money back then you're a complete mug imho of course.

Depends how you look at it. In a 'not for profit' way, it's a good idea and a nice gesture to the fans. There is nothing wrong with the idea. It's the execution that's been appalling. It should still be rectified with a more significant monument with all names transferred, free of charge. Something substantial.

There is no denying it's not City's finest moment, and they should rightly be castigated for it. But equally, it's not the defining behaviour of City is it? It's a mistake. The club makes them. I'd argue it's still not been rectified in a particularly satisfactory manner, but it's hardly an example of earth shattering exploitation.

The fans should be getting more than they bought into by way of recompense. I'm just surprised City haven't really managed to make good the situation.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.