City Data Word Clouds

Re: Goalscorers At The Etihad

richardtheref said:
The Blue Goon said:
richardtheref said:
When he was at Middlesbrough he lived near me and i got quite friendly with him and he always said that he only scored one goal for City.

He deffo scored 2 and the Etihad.

1st was against Norwich in a 1-1 draw, 2nd was in the Carling Cup v Barnsley won 7-1 (Barry Conlon scored their only goal).

Can anyone remember these 2 goals as he definately said he had only scored 1. I'm wondering if one of them took a huge deflection or something like that but was still credited to him.

I remember both goals well, was at both games.

I've also just quickly checked MCFC stats to double check and it confirms that he scored 1 of the 7 goals v Barnsley. SWP, Macken(2), Siberski(2) and Barton scored the other 6.

And if you need anymore evidence, then the game is on the 2004-2005 season review.

Here is the match report from the BBC webpage, no mention of a deflection etc. Deffo his goal. <a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_cup/3655988.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 655988.stm</a>

MCRJON said:
BlueMooney said:
Not so much use for anything other than something to look at, but I've just made these. This is a visual representation of every goal City have scored at The Etihad - the bigger the name, the more goals they scored. The first is full names, the second is surnames only (and initials where needed).

Goalscorers%20Wordle%20Full%20Names_zps2a3cf70f.png

Goalscorers%20Wordle%20Surnames_zpsa28b92bb.png

looks awesome, i really like it

-- Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:18 am --

oh and erm... do one for Maine Road

Ha! Not a chance. I'll have a think about some others I can do based on the data that I've collected down the years. :o)

BlueMooney said:
bosnie87 said:
Can we get the number of goals each player has scored also?

Yep, I still have the list. It's for all competitive games (inc. Europe, League Cup, FA Cup etc) and is correct up to the end of the QPR match that finished 3-1 earlier this season.

Carlos Tevez (37)
Shaun Wright-Phillips (24)
Sergio Aguero (21)
Nicolas Anelka (20)
Mario Balotelli (18)
Robbie Fowler (14)
Elano, Robinho, Darius Vassell (12)
Emmanuel Adebayor, Edin Dzeko (11)
Stephen Ireland, Adam Johnson (10)
Georgios Samaras, Antoine Sibierski (9)
Craig Bellamy, David Silva, Yaya Toure (8)
Joey Barton (7)
Felipe Caicedo, Andy Cole, Aleksandar Kolarov, Martin Petrov (6)
Richard Dunne, Joleon Lescott, Micah Richards, Patrick Vieira (5)
Jon Macken, Samir Nasri, Trevor Sinclair, David Sommeil (4)
Mwaruwari Benjani, Michael Johnson, Vincent Kompany, James Milner, Kiki Musampa, Nedum Onuoha, Roque Santa Cruz, Daniel Sturridge, Kolo Toure, Paulo Wanchope, Pablo Zabaleta (3)
Gareth Barry, Bernardo Corradi, Sylvain Distin, Gelson Fernandes, Willo Flood, Claudio Reyna (2)
DaMarcus Beasley, Rolando Bianchi, Paul Bosvelt, Dedryck Boyata, Gael Clichy, Nigel de Jong, Kelvin Etuhu, Ched Evans, Javier Garrido, Geovanni, Owen Hargreaves, Sun Jihai, Jo, Danny Mills, Emile Mpenza, David Pizarro, Albert Riera, Michael Tarnat, Vladimir Weiss, Bradley Wright-Phillips (1)

Great thank you. Do you also have the same information about away games since The Etihad was build? I want to compare the players goalscoring stats in home and away games.

bosnie87 said:
Great thank you. Do you also have the same information about away games since The Etihad was build? I want to compare the players goalscoring stats in home and away games.

I'm afraid I don't. I'll have a see what I've got to do something similar with!

Nervous Nedum said:
I don't remember Wanchope scoring any.

I've only had my season ticket since we moved, but it feels like a very, very long time looking at some of those names.
Newcastle at home and everton at home I think.

Done another couple:

This one is every team City have beaten in the Premier League (up to the end of the 2011-12 season). Again, the bigger the name, the more times City have beaten them.

PLTeamsBeaten_zps2abd82c4.jpg

And this is one showing every team City have lost to in the Premier League (again, up until the end of the 2011-12 season). The bigger the name, the more defeats City have had to them.

PLLostTo_zps0e6646ae.jpg

This one shows goals scored by City in Roberto Mancini's 100 Premier League games
Mancini100GoalsFor_zps45df0850.jpg

And this one is goals conceded by City in Roberto Mancini's 100 Premier League games
Mancini100GoalsAgainst_zpsf374c383.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.