City FA Youth Cup winners 2019/20!!!

Chelsea fan.

Defeat is always hard to take but I find it's often just a little bit easier when there is no doubt that the better team won. Your lads were better than ours all night and deservedly collected the trophy. You look to have some good players there. Good luck to them for their futures.
Just to add to the mutual back-slapping, I was really impressed that the game was played in a good spirit between both teams. No niggles, no arguing and mutual respect at the end.

Thanks for coming back on and thanks for the honesty and praise.Hopefully as many of the 22 as possible go on to have fantastic careers.

Who impressed you most in a City shirt?
Sorry for being boring but I have to say Palmer. He had so much time and the confidence of knowing that he has. Loved the way he surveys the situation secure in the knowledge that he can protect the ball till he's ready to move it. That's something you are born with. Looking forward to seeing how he progresses.

I thinks he is already able to do that.

Once he learns to keep his temper in check and maintain focus (and that as big, strong lad, unfair as it is, he’s not going to be given half the fouls he deserves), he’ll be well on track.

He needs to start looking up and bringing other players into play when they're better placed .... there were one or two occasions last night when he took the wrong option completely , and there were times when it was evident against Blackburn too .... yes, he's willing, yes, he's a threat, he works hard, and i'm not saying that he won't progress ... but a good player makes the most of the options available to him, and at times Delap doesn't!

Just to add to the mutual back-slapping, I was really impressed that the game was played in a good spirit between both teams. No niggles, no arguing and mutual respect at the end.
Given recent history, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a culture in these two academies that they are each the other's ultimate testing ground domestically. That is going to breed respect. From our point of view we have some catching up to do in this age group.

Chelsea fan.

Defeat is always hard to take but I find it's often just a little bit easier when there is no doubt that the better team won. Your lads were better than ours all night and deservedly collected the trophy. You look to have some good players there. Good luck to them for their futures.

Thanks for the post mate. I must admit having watched your lads in the semi-final I thought you were favourites going into the match, with the pace/movement and pressing you showed against United.

I thought it was a great game and regardless of the result, I think both sides have some seriously talented youngsters.

Sorry for being boring but I have to say Palmer. He had so much time and the confidence of knowing that he has. Loved the way he surveys the situation secure in the knowledge that he can protect the ball till he's ready to move it. That's something you are born with. Looking forward to seeing how he progresses.

Good post Junky, and i absolutely agree with you .... the way Palmer plays reminds me a bit of that Shaqiri at Liverpool , the way he appears to make the time under pressure to think about what he actually wants to do , to make the right choice .. and the way , for example, that he brilliantly played Jota in the other night for their winner ....... just as Palmer picked out McAtee for his goal last night ..... talented players like these don't panic , they just look for the right option, and more often than not, even when tightly marked, have the ability to just make things happen!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.