City fan, 63, attacked by Brugge fans | Invited to Etihad by club (p 27)

Glad you got out safe blue.

As to this thread a 63 year old bloke for fucks sakes. Fine have it with like minded individuals if that’s what tickles your pickle but not this random shit.

unfortunately you see this more often with foreign teams as they see any fan of British teams as fair game.

Hope the man pulls through.

I know some of the lads that watch city from Feyenoord & Antwerp will have been on their supporter coaches yesterday.

Hope the guy gets through it and the arseholes responsible get locked up. Didn't really expect anything like this playing Brugge. Naivety on my part no doubt only visited the town centre which looks as quaint and harmless as any place you could wish to visit.

As kid of 71, I stopped wearing a scarf a few years ago, as I'm an easy target walking with a stick. The only shirt I wear these days is a retro number 8, but that is safely obscured under my fleece/topcoat.
Gone are the days when I could outrun anybody chasing me - I've never been one for a fight, although I have done (a long time ago) in self defence.
Best wishes, Guido. Hope you pull through.
I wonder if the club can be made aware of this, and perhaps invite him to the return leg if he is well enough.

Thought this merited its own thread, rather than being tucked away in the post-match thread.

Thoughts are with Guido's family, and hope he pulls through. Who the fuck attacks a 63 year old for wearing a scarf?!
Get well soon hopefully Guido, thoughts and prayers with your family and friends especially your son who witnessed the attack, disgusting treatment of a football supporter.

Hope the guy gets through it and the arseholes responsible get locked up. Didn't really expect anything like this playing Brugge. Naivety on my part no doubt only visited the town centre which looks as quaint and harmless as any place you could wish to visit.
I wasn't there last night but I had the same thoughts as you while watching the game last night - that while every club has its idiots, a match in Bruges ought to be a relatively tame affair for visiting fans. That said, I recall many years ago Chelsea playing them in Europe and there was talk beforehand of the potential for a lot of trouble. Still, I'd hardly have them up there with Europe's biggest nutters.

This sounds like such a cowardly, despicable, and needless attack. Hoping he pulls through

Best wishes to Guido. I would never have put Brugge down as a shithouse club but they were thugs on and off the pitch from what I saw on the telly. Booing the knee, throwing stuff at players, sunday league challenges on the pitch and now stories of 'ultras'.

63 year old geezer cheap shotted when he went to pick up his scarf. scummy bastards

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.