City Fan Ban

Flares give off a flame and cannot be extinguished
View attachment 47851

Smoke grenades give off smoke and can be extinguished
View attachment 47852

Throwing either on the pitch is pure stupid behaviour. But have a look at Glastonbury over the weekend to see how many are let off and see how popular they are.
I saw kids under the age of 10 happily waving them around at the parade. Not something I’d advocate, of course, but as you say it shows how popular and widespread they are at the moment.

It says he was unharmed in that article mate.
That’s what I get for posting the Sun (which I only did for the video link)

He lost half his hand:

808F3F6A-034A-4093-BAB9-BBA5655EE426.jpeg

42ABC30C-3C60-4F7D-B777-23557B6468FC.jpeg

Which is exactly what the longer explicit version of the video shows.

They’re not toys.

Last edited:
The ban seems over the top to me. It's not something I would do, but it's just people trying to create an atmosphere in the ground and getting a bit carried away with the excitement.

With a worldwide fanbase it stands to reason we are going to go full on continental with all the trimmings.

The days of bovril and a scabby hotdog are well behind us sadly.

4JB63m.gif

Tbf, that article says the Rangers fan was actually unharmed?
As above, it’s a poor article and typical of the Sun, Scottish or not. I posted that link as the first one to have the video but it cuts before you see the total damage to his stub of a hand.

Agree with what posters are saying about it being fucking idiotic to do it that stage of the match, apart from anything else. i was fuming.

BUT I must’ve missed the headlines about arsenal and Leeds fans chucking stuff on the pitch AT our players? Or the Everton fan who chucked a flair on?

With a worldwide fanbase it stands to reason we are going to go full on continental with all the trimmings.

The days of bovril and a scabby hotdog are well behind us sadly.

4JB63m.gif

I still remember seeing the Liverpool non league spin off team play at Stockport (Woodley) Sports a few years back.

About 10 old guys all come with red rattlers.

i think this fan was treated differently as it was deemed there was intent to throw it at the away support, which he admitted to in court, so it changed the dynamic of the incident. Plus he was spotted, and many aren't.

other bans/cases lately are popping up, all very recently, is this a new crackdown?;

Grimsby fan at Notts County

Reading fan at QPR

Brum fan against Stoke

Leicester fan at the swamp

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.