City fans at Liverpool

Uwes Grandad

Team supported
Manchester City
Did anyone else hear the song that contained the line "We're up to our neck in fenian blood" and then a rendition of "No surrender to the IRA" during the second half being sung by City fans or should that be fans in the City end? Not heard songs like that for many a year having watched City home and away for over 30 years. Surely that has no place in football in 2009.

Uwes Grandad said:
Did anyone else hear the song that contained the line "We're up to our neck in fenian blood" and then a rendition of "No surrender to the IRA" during the second half being sung by City fans or should that be fans in the City end? Not heard songs like that for many a year having watched City home and away for over 30 years. Surely that has no place in football in 2009.

Think you need to go to the deaf equivalent of Specsavers

The song was about Tevez, the particular line you refer to ends "they've sewn your head on back to front" and ends "Carlos Tevez Hermann Munster's head!"

Well seen as there are three Irish players in the city line up I hope thats not true

I went on a different coach than normal, and they sang a sectarian song on there, about 5 of them. They are a bunch of w#nkers. There has always been a small group of Bigots who follow City.
Went to Belgium a few years back and had a few beers in the Celtic Towers. The pub was full of City enjoying the beer and food, and the landlord gave all the City fans directions to the ground.
A group of about 4 lads started to sing no surrender to the IRA, Nobody joined in. They were, and still are, Total Dickheads.

i heard them yesterday as well, it still goes on a lot! and in denmark they were singin em in the Rover, which is obviously aan irish catholic bar

greenie said:
i heard them yesterday as well, it still goes on a lot! and in denmark they were singin em in the Rover, which is obviously aan irish catholic bar
i was going to say that they were siging it in there

BlueT said:
I went on a different coach than normal, and they sang a sectarian song on there, about 5 of them. They are a bunch of w#nkers. There has always been a small group of Bigots who follow City.
Went to Belgium a few years back and had a few beers in the Celtic Towers. The pub was full of City enjoying the beer and food, and the landlord gave all the City fans directions to the ground.
A group of about 4 lads started to sing no surrender to the IRA, Nobody joined in. They were, and still are, Total Dickheads.
same in scotland a few years ago we played stirling albion,and after the game in a pub a few knobs started singing no surrender,all the rest of the city fans told them to shut the fuck up!!!

Being a man city fan from inverness it is hard to get to manchester every week, but go to inverness caledonian thistle games alot more, this sectarian abuse is heard of every time inverness go to ibrox or rangers come up here, and it is disgusting, not only the fans singing the songs at the games but there attitudes towards anything remotely related to celtic catholics or ireland and it is disgusting but up here it is accepted now because of the sheer amount of people singing the songs so my advice is get it stopped asap because it will only get worse as it has up here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.