City fans at Liverpool

Nreddishblue said:
Nothing wrong at all with singing No surrender to the IRA. They are murdering scum, pure and simple. Nothing against Catholicism per se', hundreds of thousands of loyal Irish Catholics fought and died for the British Empire.
But why sing it at a football game that is what i cant get my head round & dont forget we did surrender

bluebear said:
whp.blue said:
M35 Blue said:
Remember going to Norwich on a Friday night about 10 years ago and it seemed like every City fan was singing it as there was delays in getting there due to a bomb threat on the motorway caused by the IRA.

Some songs are out of order, personally dont see anything wrong with this one.
I agree
i think a few PC people on this site forget that everyone is entitled to their own view and should be able to act accordingly.

my memories of the ira are of a bunch of irish catholic cowards who planted bombs that killed women and children who were going going about their business and i for one think these songs are more than fine.
i would rather be classed as a bigot or racacist than aa as an apologist for murdering scum and i have no problems with city being classed as an anti ire club

football is tribal and it always has been if you don't like M*nich songs or racist or sectarian songs stop going.

Why dont you wait for Given, Dunne and Ireland after training someday and call them irish catholic cowards, and tell them to fuck off because city is an anti-irish club, if your such a brave man
Are you unable to read through your rage?

Are Given, Dunne and Ireland members of the IRA? No. So why would the poster above think they're scum? He clearly said that's what he thinks about the IRA, not Irish people as a whole.

And he said he has no qualms with City being seen as an anti-IRA club, not an anti-Irish club.

What a pathetic argument.

cyberblue said:
Nreddishblue said:
Nothing wrong at all with singing No surrender to the IRA. They are murdering scum, pure and simple. Nothing against Catholicism per se', hundreds of thousands of loyal Irish Catholics fought and died for the British Empire.
But why sing it at a football game that is what i cant get my head round & dont forget we did surrender

It seems none of the pro 'no surrender' brigade will answer the million dollar question.

Dubai Blue said:
bluebear said:
whp.blue said:
M35 Blue said:
Remember going to Norwich on a Friday night about 10 years ago and it seemed like every City fan was singing it as there was delays in getting there due to a bomb threat on the motorway caused by the IRA.

Some songs are out of order, personally dont see anything wrong with this one.
I agree
i think a few PC people on this site forget that everyone is entitled to their own view and should be able to act accordingly.

my memories of the ira are of a bunch of irish catholic cowards who planted bombs that killed women and children who were going going about their business and i for one think these songs are more than fine.
i would rather be classed as a bigot or racacist than aa as an apologist for murdering scum and i have no problems with city being classed as an anti ire club

football is tribal and it always has been if you don't like M*nich songs or racist or sectarian songs stop going.

Why dont you wait for Given, Dunne and Ireland after training someday and call them irish catholic cowards, and tell them to fuck off because city is an anti-irish club, if your such a brave man
Are you unable to read through your rage?

Are Given, Dunne and Ireland members of the IRA? No. So why would the poster above think they're scum? He clearly said that's what he thinks about the IRA, not Irish people as a whole.

And he said he has no qualms with City being seen as an anti-IRA club, not an anti-Irish club.

What a pathetic argument.

If you read one of my other threads you will see why I said that, he refered to the IRA as a bunch of Irish Catholic cowards which I taught implied he disliked Irish people as a whole.

bluebear said:
If you read one of my other threads you will see why I said that, he refered to the IRA as a bunch of Irish Catholic cowards which I taught implied he disliked Irish people as a whole.
But they were "a bunch of Irish Catholic cowards". I don't think that implies anything other than what it says on the tin.

Anyway, this whole thread is pathetic. It's a completely pointless song and has fuck all to do with City. It's not offensive, but it is completely pointless and moronic.

But, the people suggesting that those singing it are all disgusting biggoted racists are equally moronic.

bluebear said:
cyberblue said:
Nreddishblue said:

It seems none of the pro 'no surrender' brigade will answer the million dollar question.

....and refuse to see that it is not just an anti IRA song, but an anti irish nationalist song, and a song adopted by right wing thugs.

Perhaps they would advocate singing anti irish loyalist songs to ? No I doubt it.

If you want a sing song at a football match, or in a pub before a match, is it too much to ask that people sing about OUR own religion Manchester City FC, better than any religion in my book.

Dubai Blue said:
bluebear said:
But they were "a bunch of Irish Catholic cowards". I don't think that implies anything other than what it says on the tin.

Anyway, this whole thread is pathetic. It's a completely pointless song and has fuck all to do with City. It's not offensive, but it is completely pointless and moronic.

But, the people suggesting that those singing it are all disgusting biggoted racists are equally moronic.

Its a loyalist terrosist song dubai blue, it was stated by the UDA,LVF and UVF and 99% of the people who sing it are biggoted racists

bluebear are you irish?
you seem to be very offended!
ive never heard it being sung but why do u care so much if it was?
my best mates irish just so u know i am not 'racist'

SWPISHOME said:
Mike N said:
bluejase said:
Excuse my naivety but what's wrong with singing 'no surrender to the IRA'?

It's quite easy, if you sing it, you are a prick.

Oh and we didnt surrender to the IRA we just gave their murdering leaders top government jobs and made them rich! No surrender indeed!

Shut your mouth and grow up you prick.

Sorry? What part of my factual response do you not agree with prick?

chrisi said:
bluebear are you irish?
you seem to be very offended!
ive never heard it being sung but why do u care so much if it was?
my best mates irish just so u know i am not 'racist'

yes i am, maybe im being a bit over the top, I think its just I have always seen this as a pro loyalist terrosist song, sang by people who really hate the Irish if you saw the people in the north of Ireland who sing it you would why i am offended, wheras I suppose everyone hear sees it as just a song about not liking the IRA. It just brings back bad memories I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.