City Fans In Glasgow

Anyone else have a bad policing experience last night?

We were clearly away fans as we walked out of the away exit, asking police were the away coaches where located.
We were given directions and followed them correctly....

To end up amongst a huge amount of coaches that Were All Celtic Supporters.
How fucking dangerous and thick can police be to send a group of us into what would've been a lions den if Celtic fans and us lot wanted to fight.

And to note, this instruction was given to us on two separate occasions on our way to this area by separate police.

It's fucking outrageous.

Luckily for us we managed to get away from the home coach section and came across other Blues who were heading to the away coach area.

Disgraceful and the Scottish Police should hang their heads in shame.

Where and how do I go about filing a police complaint?
Sadly I don't have their badge numbers but I'm sure they are having a good giggle today "after winding up those English bastards"

Didn't hear this? I heard the Guardiola song. What was the crowd banter like, anyone there? Any gooduns we sang at 'em?

I wouldn't even know where to begin with the lyrics to Rule Britannia anyway, surprised enough else would.
Just like Manchester your city is blue wasn't bad.

We were clearly away fans as we walked out of the away exit, asking police were the away coaches where located.

How fucking dangerous and thick can police be to send a group of us into what would've been a lions den if Celtic fans and us lot wanted to fight.

And to note, this instruction was given to us on two separate occasions on our way to this area by separate police.

It's fucking outrageous.

Luckily for us we managed to get away from the home coach section and came across other Blues who were heading to the away coach area.

Sadly I don't have their badge numbers but I'm sure they are having a good giggle today "after winding up those English bastards"

I couldn't see the logic of holding us back, but then letting us out whilst thousands of Celtic fans were still around the stadium.

To be honest I didn't see any aggro/aggression from Celtic fans, just a few City fans trying to stoke things up with "no surrender" type songs.

Overall it was quite a strange matchday. Not like a typical CL away, not like a PL away midweek game. After leaving the ticket collection point I only saw half a dozen City fans all afternoon. Although with so few City fans wearing colours (less than 10%?) I probably passed hundreds without knowing it.

The weather didn't help. Drenched going to the game, drenched after the game.

It's fucking outrageous.

The police on Springfield Road down to coach park were from Edinburgh, not local, so probably weren't convinced themselves. Yes, I know they should have been briefed but it's easy overtime for them so they don't care. I found my three separate encounters with police in Glasgow to be very smiley and friendly.

The taxi drivers are cunts though.

I didn't exactly get the sensation of being in a lion's den, more like a pretend ceilidh.

We had a proper day out in Bar square first (nearly a tenner for 2 pints) quickly moved to Maggie Mays left as it started filling with Celtic fans( they might have had a flag I could have got offend about) then to walkabout bar packed with blues cheap ish beer,good sing song no trouble that I saw. Then finished in a pub down the road met Billy McNeills daughter wouldn't have said no but alas she didn't offer. when left there couldn't get a taxi and clock was ticking so Big Big shout to the 3 Celtic fans who offered to show us the train station sorted tickets and took us straight to away entrance thanks lads we owe you a beer top guys (although being packed onto a train with 700 Celtic fans and us was an experience to remember) to be fair the banter was just banter.

I wouldn't even know where to begin with the lyrics to Rule Britannia anyway, surprised enough else would.
Rule Britannia marmalade and jam five Chinese crackers up your arsehole BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG
( now sing it to yourself)

To be fair, the Celtic fans I encountered were far more friendly than I was led to believe, and just like Roma and PSG were quick to praise us for being the friendliest English supporters to visit their city.
Obviously it helped that our Rangers influence were otherwise engaged with Parlane and Gordon Smith at Ibrox.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.