City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Season ticket holders should lose their ticket if they miss two games in a season without notifying the club so they can re-sell it, end of.

As for day trippers, all tickets should be on supporter cards and if you don't turn up then your card is cancelled and you pay to get it reinstated. Something has to be done, it's getting a bit silly.

Tescos already do something similar - I'd missed two weekly supermarket shops and when I tried to use my loyalty card they called security who threw me out of the door and told me to fuck off back to Sainsburys. It's a great business model.

Tescos already do something similar - I'd missed two weekly supermarket shops and when I tried to use my loyalty card they called security who threw me out of the door and told me to fuck off back to Sainsburys. It's a great business model.

Summed up perfectly, it's their ticket to go as and when they please. Since when did everyone turn into the police on here. If you bought a flight ticket then didn't attend you wouldn't be banned from getting a plane ticket again. Stop talking like idiots.

No City fan is ever being denied access to a home game. Perhaps someone who has never been to a game in their life and wants to start off with United at home. But that's not a City fan. Tickets for every game go on open sale and (apart from Hamburg a few years back) take a slow enough time to sell that anyone can get a ticket

I disagree. For in-demand games that sell out quickly, there will be fans who want tickets but the seat planner is showing no availability only for match day to arrive and pockets of empty seats are dotted round the stadium due to season ticket holders who couldn't be arsed attending and couldn't be arsed putting their ticket up for re-sale on the ticket exchange. We've had fans on here state exactly that - that they fancied going to a game but couldn't because of this very reason. This isn't the case for every game of course - West Brom next Tuesday looks like anyone who wants to attend will be able to going off the planner, but look at the planner for Leicester on Saturday. Apart from one block, availability is very low and it's mainly single seats. If someone decides on Friday that they want to go to that game with their kids but can't find any seats together on the planner they'll sack it off, but I bet come match day that there will be a few no-shows in the ground where the seats are located next to each other.

Why is it? His suggestion is a sensible one. He's not saying that season ticket holders can't miss 2 games a season - he's saying that if someone misses 2 games where they haven't notified the club in advance of their non-attendance then sanctions should be applied. I mean, how hard would it be for an individual to let the club know that they're not able to attend a game? Granted, if it's a last minute emergency it might be the last thing on someone's mind and that could happen to any of us, but that's where the leeway of 2 games comes in - personally, I'd probably up it to 3.

The fact is that some City fans are being denied access to tickets at certain games due to non-attending season ticket holders who can't be arsed sticking their tickets up on the ticket exchange.

Do you honestly think the club will enforce a ban on its own customers for a product they have already paid for?

All you would do is alienate your most loyal customer base, risking them no longer consuming the product and probably receive negative publicity when someone goes to the paper explaining how they have been ill/lost a family member and the club has banned them from attending future matches.

It's a complete own goal from every perspective.

Season ticket holders should lose their ticket if they miss two games in a season without notifying the club so they can re-sell it, end of.

As for day trippers, all tickets should be on supporter cards and if you don't turn up then your card is cancelled and you pay to get it reinstated. Something has to be done, it's getting a bit silly.

oh do shut up.

lets not forget you have no idea when you buy your season ticket wen the bloody games are - a derby on a Thursday night!?, sunday 4pm games , Saturday 12.30 - I take it you don't have young kids?, or indeed what shit life is growing to throw at you in the coming year.

often when I cannot go , I try and GIVE my tickets away to my mates to use and honestly there is just not a massive uptake of people "who can be arsed" to go (there words not mine?), especially when the game is on TV. That's the truth , they would rather have a few beers and watch in the pub or at home than trek across Manchester for the game experience, especially for the none 3pm saturday kick offs.

No City fan is ever being denied access to a home game. Perhaps someone who has never been to a game in their life and wants to start off with United at home. But that's not a City fan. Tickets for every game go on open sale and (apart from Hamburg a few years back) take a slow enough time to sell that anyone can get a ticket
Manchester Derby is not a good example, but the next Premiership game is: Leicester City and that's sold out. The only tickets available are via the Ticket Exchange.

oh do shut up.

lets not forget you have no idea when you buy your season ticket wen the bloody games are - a derby on a Thursday night!?, sunday 4pm games , Saturday 12.30 - I take it you don't have young kids?, or indeed what shit life is growing to throw at you in the coming year.

often when I cannot go , I try and GIVE my tickets away to my mates to use and honestly there is just not a massive uptake of people "who can be arsed" to go (there words not mine?), especially when the game is on TV. That's the truth , they would rather have a few beers and watch in the pub or at home than trek across Manchester for the game experience, especially for the none 3pm saturday kick offs.
Use Ticket Exchange. Only used it once but I've got £25 off my seasoncard renewal. That was for a TV game but it still sold

Do you honestly think the club will enforce a ban on its own customers for a product they have already paid for?

All you would do is alienate your most loyal customer base, risking them no longer consuming the product and probably receive negative publicity when someone goes to the paper explaining how they have been ill/lost a family member and the club has banned them from attending future matches.

It's a complete own goal from every perspective.

Bayern Munich do it. Although I'll admit they're in a better position to do it due to the demand for tickets

Your 2nd paragraph is irrelevant as that person would have to have been ill/lost multiple family members for any kind of sanction to be applied due to the bar being set at 3 matches rather than 1

oh do shut up.

Talk about missing the point. Of course people might not be able to make games due to the constant changing of kick-off times/dates but all one has to do is put their ticket up for re-sale on the exchange or inform the club that they can't attend. How difficult is that?

Manchester Derby is not a good example, but the next Premiership game is: Leicester City and that's sold out. The only tickets available are via the Ticket Exchange.

Spot on Marvin. I meant to add that City need to get their own house in order with complimentary tickets as well with those that are in receipt of comps to inform the club whether they will or won't be attending, so as to enable unused comps to be put up for sale to fans.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.