City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Reading some of the posts people say that there are no seats available are/were showing on the online seat planner and then on match day there were empty seats. Did the people who saw no seats online ring the ticket office to find out if there were any tickets/seats available?

I always think most empty seats are in family stand. Depending on kick off times I think this is due to kids sporting commitments etc I.e early kick offs Saturday a lot of kids will probably be playing themselves

There are some absolutely ridiculous comments on this site but your first paragraph has to rank near the top as one of the most stupid suggestions ever.
How many empty seats can you cope with? Under that scheme half the season ticket holders in the ground would be gone with no one to replace them and half the day trippers gone. Rediculous proposal and over to the empty seat thread as we'll be getting 30k crowds.
Absolutely dreadful post, that's coming from me
I'll have to admit i was typing in between working so was probably a bit over the top, was actually trying to go for the Bayern Munich model so 2 games is obviously a little harsh. But the sentiment still remains, whether it's missing 8 or 10 games a season, if you have a season ticket and you can't go or simply don't fancy it, why not offer it up so someone else can go and fill the stadium? Bayern have almost admitted to having the same problem, they sell their season tickets for really cheap and it means that fans will decide not to turn up for some games as they're still getting value for money if they attend the majority of games. No problem with that at all, but let someone else make use of your ticket.

Reading some of the posts people say that there are no seats available are/were showing on the online seat planner and then on match day there were empty seats. Did the people who saw no seats online ring the ticket office to find out if there were any tickets/seats available?

I'd have thought every seat available on the planner would be what the ticket office are showing too and they won't be in possession of an extra stash of tickets so to speak, unlike away games where the different points of sale each have tickets. I could be wrong on that but I'd expect that if you were to phone up for a ticket for Leicester on Saturday or call in at the ticket office in person, the staff would have access to the same seat availability that we have when buying the tickets online.

I'd have thought every seat available on the planner would be what the ticket office are showing too and they won't be in possession of an extra stash of tickets so to speak, unlike away games where the different points of sale each have tickets. I could be wrong on that but I'd expect that if you were to phone up for a ticket for Leicester on Saturday or call in at the ticket office in person, the staff would be accessing the same seat planner that we use when buying the tickets online.

I just wondered because I thought that the ticket office might have paper tickets in the office, I'm not au fait with what happens as I have a season card but have had occasion twice to ring for extra tickets (about 3 seasons ago granted) for family members and they had some there in the office. I hadn't checked online so wasn't aware whether it said there were tickets available. Thank you. :-)

Not that simple Sheila. If the club gives, say, 2,000 tickets to the various university student unions, colleges, schools and other groups and 1,000 of those remain unsold then those tickets are still classed as "distributed" and aren't available for sale. But there will be 1,000 empty seats while we potentially report a sell-out.

Tescos already do something similar - I'd missed two weekly supermarket shops and when I tried to use my loyalty card they called security who threw me out of the door and told me to fuck off back to Sainsburys. It's a great business model.
Summed up perfectly, it's their ticket to go as and when they please. Since when did everyone turn into the police on here. If you bought a flight ticket then didn't attend you wouldn't be banned from getting a plane ticket again. Stop talking like idiots.
Yeah, comparing supermarkets to a football match is exactly the same.
If you purchase a flight ticket and don't turn up, your ticket is given to someone else on the waiting list (if there is one), which is only the point i'm trying to make. But like i said, comparing it to a football match is pointless as the airline don't need you to show up, but your football team does.

Not that simple Sheila. If the club gives, say, 2,000 tickets to the various university student unions, colleges, schools and other groups and 1,000 of those remain unsold then those tickets are still classed as "distributed" and aren't available for sale. But there will be 1,000 empty seats while we potentially report a sell-out.

Aha, that's something I hadn't thought of PB. Thank you.

oh do shut up.

lets not forget you have no idea when you buy your season ticket wen the bloody games are - a derby on a Thursday night!?, sunday 4pm games , Saturday 12.30 - I take it you don't have young kids?, or indeed what shit life is growing to throw at you in the coming year.

often when I cannot go , I try and GIVE my tickets away to my mates to use and honestly there is just not a massive uptake of people "who can be arsed" to go (there words not mine?), especially when the game is on TV. That's the truth , they would rather have a few beers and watch in the pub or at home than trek across Manchester for the game experience, especially for the none 3pm saturday kick offs.
Maybe you were a bit stressed when you wrote this, no need to get mad mate we're all rowing the same way.

But to answer your question, i have 2 young children, a job that requires me to often work 12 hrs a day and 2 houses to pay for.

The only point i'm trying to make is if you have a season ticket, in my personal opinion you have a responsibility to that seat, you don't have to go yourself but the club offer ticket exchange and there are a few twitter handles that also provide a service for you to let a fellow fan use your ticket in exchange for whatever price you paid (or your ticket is worth).

IMO the biggest problem here is not giving those tickets away, it's a good thing to do and shows we support the community and various charities (we give tickets to charity groups who are collecting at the stadium, i know because i got a ticket while collecting for The Red Cross), its the location these tickets are. They are nearly always near to the front on any of the sides, most of the time they are camera level. Why not have a section of the 3rd tier designated for this? Although that would probably show one whole section of the 3rd tier being empty, so maybe not such a good idea, but giving in the 3rd tier, IMO, is the best option as it's not as obvious and doesn't (shouldn't) affect the atmosphere as much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.