City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I have people around me in tier 2 south who treat the game more like an opportunity to gossip, drink and eat fucking pork pies out of tin foil. Cue 80 minutes, "see you next week, Joan. We were shit again, that Pep is a fraud."

Captures the essence of the matchday experience beautifully.

I think for some the match gets in the way of their afternoon!

Fascinated in which way you get back to Cheadle Hulme in 30 minutes.

i drive through longsight, past fallow field precinct, then down kingsway. but i park at either ashburys train station or a bit further out before the game so theres not really any traffic when i leave - even when there is traffic is only usually to get into longisht. its not that far away.

Last edited:
We need to do what the schools did with the kids when they got rewards for turning-up.

A simple scheme whereby you get some reward for still being in your seat after say 65 minutes would encourage people to stay longer, with more points for those still there after 70 minutes for example.

A thousand City Seats points for each minute and a catalogue of attractive gifts to choose from (eg 1 million points gets you a free photo of the glass tunnel) would make all the difference I'm sure.

Get it sorted the 3 amigo's!

We need to do what the schools did with the kids when they got rewards for turning-up.

A simple scheme whereby you get some reward for still being in your seat after say 65 minutes would encourage people to stay longer, with more points for those still there after 70 minutes for example.

A thousand City Seats points for each minute and a catalogue of attractive gifts to choose from (eg 1 million points gets you a free photo of the glass tunnel) would make all the difference I'm sure.

Get it sorted the 3 amigo's!
There's people leaving at the 60minute mark? That's crazy, surely the reward should start after 90mins. We don't want to be rewarding people for leaving with "only" 10mins plus stoppage time left on the clock to play.

Heard every excuse possible about people leaving early and now we are having to make suggestions to bribe supporters to stay.

Here's an idea.....maybe...just maybe supporters could 'support the team' without the need to bribed to stay for 90 mins.

Read some interesting posts above about an ageing jaded fan base which I agree with. Very sad as there is no solution to that problem - just more and more leaving early every game.

There are very few excuses for leaving early. I have never left early in my 60 years of following City. Takes me 2 1\2 to 3 hours to get home depending on how long it takes me to get out of the car park and road conditions. I just factor in the time. I can only surmise that these people are not real Supporters.

There are very few excuses for leaving early. I have never left early in my 60 years of following City. Takes me 2 1\2 to 3 hours to get home depending on how long it takes me to get out of the car park and road conditions. I just factor in the time. I can only surmise that these people are not real Supporters.
I hope fans don't leave early on Tuesday night.not knowing it's our last chance to show ZABBA just how much he means to us.
C.T.I.D.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.