City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Am I the only one who doesn't care about empty seats? I go, I don't leave early. If others don't go or do leave early why does it matter?

Frankly embarrassing stuff. Its a semi-final of a trophy and hardly anyone was bothered to come at £25 (£15 in some areas!!).

How many times must Pep and mancity beg us to show up??

It was a crowd very much in excess of our previous two semi finals in this competition. As much as a third and possibly more of our season ticket holders don’t attend cup games full stop and it is their choice, we don’t have a lot of day trippers and tourists and when regulars don’t attend there aren’t enough to take up the slack. I’m not embarrassed in the slightest personally.

It was a crowd very much in excess of our previous two semi finals in this competition. As much as a third and possibly more of our season ticket holders don’t attend cup games full stop and it is their choice, we don’t have a lot of day trippers and tourists and when regulars don’t attend there aren’t enough to take up the slack. I’m not embarrassed in the slightest personally.

Me neither , night matches are a nightmare to get to the ground and back, given proximity to centre and rush hour it’s just deadlock. Add to that school night it’s tricky. Fair play to those blues who made the effort.

I will be at anfield.....

Our core support is around the 30-35k mark. I would rather have 15k empty seats, rather than them seats being taken by JCL's in half and half scarves taking selfies throughout the match, or filming the entire match on their ipad

The last survey of season ticket holders highlighted 68.3 percent were from Greater Manchester with the other 31.7 percent from other areas of the Uk with notable concentrations around Leeds, Edinburgh and of course London.

There is nowhere near enough local fans, are fans who wish to attend, to replace the 13/14k plus from outside Manchester.

This is highlighted at Cup games and even Champs lge nights, where arguably non-local fans are less likely to purchase, where even at slashed prices the matches usually do not sell out.

Interesting stats but I’d argue the overwhelming majority of the 30% live just outside the GM boundary in places like Poynton, Wilmslow, Macclesfield, Glossop, Warrington, Chorley etc.

When fans are interviewed outside the ground at least 9/10 have local or localist accents and rest in many cases are long established blues from supporters clubs such as Cheltenham and Gloucester, Leicester and Rugby etc.

There was an article in the Independent a couple of years ago mentioning City’s ever increasing supporter base overseas but indicating that the increase post takeover in the Uk was negligible, having said it we continue as we are our support nationwide with kids will go through the roof.

Frankly embarrassing stuff. Its a semi-final of a trophy and hardly anyone was bothered to come at £25 (£15 in some areas!!).

Which part of the ground were you sat in while you were suffering this bout of embarrassment?

Hmmmm. Best start to a season in the history of English football and you've barely posted a thing on City. Manchester City, that is.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about empty seats? I go, I don't leave early. If others don't go or do leave early why does it matter?
Same here.
Thing is as a fan base we are not well off. Some are but not many. Some clubs from just outide of Manchester draw their support from the wealthier South of the country. Even then in fear of PR not looking good they force fans to attend cup games with the season card.

Am I seriously reading this on a football forum?? It's a winter sport, there will inevitably be lots of games in the "cold and dark", stick an extra layer on. Anyhow it's Manchester, any time it isn't pissing it down is a bonus.
Heard it all now it was cold and dark ffs, we'll speak to spion Bob and borrow some candles from anfield

I left last night with 5 minutes to go.Had I not I would have probably have been thrown out of the ground for using foul and abusive language at Sane and Mangoman,who drove me to near suicide,with their inept displays.
Besides,I was bursting for a piss,so it wasn`t worth all the effort of trying to get back to my seat.
I had just walked out of the ground when Sergio scored.
Do I regret it ? Do I fuck. Shit happens.
Having watched the Blues for 54 years, I don`t get upset with early leavers or empty seats.Why would I ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.