City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

It's a decent attendance because frankly it's a 2nd rate trophy that we place more emphasis on as fans than it deserves. Bristol city at home after 2 games in a week is not that enticing. We got 30000 against West Ham in 14. It's live on TV, 3rd game in a week at home, kids are at school and it's the first leg which always gets less.
36,000 in the 2012 Liverpool semi , tonight was an ok crowd , wont stop the haters though , funny how 40,000 empty seats at Spurs V Wham barely gets a mention.

I saw the first Barcelona home game after the Christmas break a couple of days ago and was amazed to see the ground about half full. I wonder what the Barca fans had to say about that...maybe they don't even bother discussing it....have no idea and maybe it's no big deal for their fans.

36,000 in the 2012 Liverpool semi , tonight was an ok crowd , wont stop the haters though , funny how 40,000 empty seats at Spurs V Wham barely gets a mention.

Yeah the Liverpool game was ridiculously over priced.

Everton was the best but only because it was 2nd leg and the game was in the balance.

It's something and nothing but they haven't got much to beat us with this season so this will rest its ugly head as it always does

We've been in a lot of League Cup semi finals over the last 6/7 years and it s always a hard sell. Even more so now the stadium has been expanded. It's the same for a lot of midweek games actually - the West Brom midweek game at the end of the month will be another one for the seat counters.

I saw the first Barcelona home game after the Christmas break a couple of days ago and was amazed to see the ground about half full. I wonder what the Barca fans had to say about that...maybe they don't even bother discussing it....have no idea and maybe it's no big deal for their fans.
56k I believe, and looked a lot less, maybe they do same as us and go on tickets sold.

Never leave early ever unless we are a few goals up and have something planned. Anyone who missed tonight through leaving early you deserve it. We didn’t play well tonight but got a great win in the end.

4/5 games now this season people have left and missed the money shot.

I can never get my head round spending between 2 hours and X hours of your day traveling & watching the match and then buggering off just before the climax.

Before I get loads of.... I save 90 mins getting home going 5 mins early etc yes it's everyone's individual choice but I refer to my first paragraph.

Frankly embarrassing stuff. Its a semi-final of a trophy and hardly anyone was bothered to come at £25 (£15 in some areas!!).

How many times must Pep and mancity beg us to show up??

Frankly embarrassing stuff. Its a semi-final of a trophy and hardly anyone was bothered to come at £25 (£15 in some areas!!).

How many times must Pep and mancity beg us to show up??

I know this won’t be universally popular .For me there are just too many games around this time in the winter, many of them played on week nights and with TV coverage and streaming, lots of folk will just decide its easier/cheaper to watch elsewhere. Loads of games in the cold and dark at one of the most expensive and time pressured parts of the year, makes it difficult for many.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.