City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

The Club do a lot of that already mate. Our usual response when our back are against the wall is that our fans respond in their tens of thousands. Yes a lot of Blues hate UEFA and the corrupt CL but we love City.

I think you and other Blues are right about needing a carrot. Maybe, fans who come to all the CL group games should be guaranteed a seat for the Quarters and Semis (hoping we get there).

I also like Rammy’s Loyalty points suggestion
Only way to put it right is to win our games and the fans play their part by being there and supporting the team. There isn't any more to it than that.

Personally it seems that as a fan base we have an excuse for everything, no matter what time we kick off as soon as the eighty minute mark is reached the exodus starts , no matter what level the club price tickets at for cup games we never sell out , UEFA are corrupt so that’s the champions league out of the window , it seems to go on and on . It appears to me that the more successful we have become the less passionate the fan base has become , almost an air of self entitlement has settled on the support. Supporters at clubs like Newcastle, Everton , Leeds , Villa etc would love to be in our position.

The club needs to drop prices to CL games to fill stadium. If needs be give the tickets to local schools and give some kids the chance to enjoy a match. Whatever anyone says that half empty stadium is embarrassing at cl games and must affect the players. Understand reasons people don’t go so the club needs a strategy to change it.

how much cheaper do you want it ? £50 for a premier league game last night was £25 i think and kids a fiver next two fixtures even cheaper

Maybe opt out CL games added to your season ticket.

The incentive, as others have stated, could be set priced cheaper CL tickets for each round, and guaranteed QF and SF home tickets.

Last edited:
how much cheaper do you want it ? £50 for a premier league game last night was £25 i think and kids a fiver next two fixtures even cheaper

How much was PSG a few seasons back?

£60? Outcry from the fans!

Come on mate, it’s Lyon in the 1st group stage match. Hardly a must go for the wavers. And it was on TV, Mid-Week, etc. City couldn’t give those tickets away.

One more point.

United fans are forced to buy CL tickets even if they don’t want them. So the go instead of wasting their money. Then it becomes a habit.

Don’t think club can make it any cheaper, teams playing best football we’ve ever seen (last night apart)but still people don’t want to go for whatever the reasons. Always people on here complaining about how your supposed to make points up for away games so the club should award 80/100 loyalty points for home cup games all competitions! Only put on the card after it’s been used at the turnstile. Anyone on season card waiting list should jump up the list the more points gained on their cityzens account, these are loyalty points and we need it for home games not just days out away. Would be great way of getting younger noisier crowd midweek and give those younger people a chance to make up points for aways

Good post and if I remember correctly we actually did this a while back offering 100 points for European game attendances.Might have been in the Europa.

Main problem is the infrastructure around the ground transport and being being midweek games seems the council like starting road works when the season starts.

The club needs to drop prices to CL games to fill stadium. If needs be give the tickets to local schools and give some kids the chance to enjoy a match. Whatever anyone says that half empty stadium is embarrassing at cl games and must affect the players. Understand reasons people don’t go so the club needs a strategy to change it.
Imho dont think price has much to do with it ,in this day and age £52-50 for 3 games is cheaper than watching crewe alex.
Think the fact its champs league and a wednesday are bigger factors.
There would have been more there if we were playing villa in the league cup for example

The constant rising of prices of our SCs doesn't help.

It either pisses people off so they say "right, well this year, i'm not joining the CL cup scheme, fuck 'em!" or prices people out of everything and once you price someone out it's very very easy for them to get used to not going (you'd be surprised, even lads you'd never expect in a million years to stop going have fully stopped!)

The club have got so much right on the football side of things but my word they have not understood our fanbase at all!

They've misjudged the size of the wealthy side of it, they've misjudged the vastness of the working class element of it, they've misjudged how they think they'd just attract a load of day trippers to our support, they misjudged that we've never had glory hunter element to our support, they misjudged that near 50% increases in SCs in six years will have a huge impact on our fanbase...

Imho dont think price has much to do with it ,in this day and age £52-50 for 3 games is cheaper than watching crewe alex.
Think the fact its champs league and a wednesday are bigger factors.
There would have been more there if we were playing villa in the league cup for example
My 3 games is 70 and 25 quid so probably with food , parking etc it’s probably 150
It’s a lot of money to be paying out , on top of the 95 a month for season ticket

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.