City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I watch a lot of live prem games through each week and I just don't see early leavers on the same scale as there is at the Etihad, especially the top 4 clubs.
Our defeats this season at the swamp (LC), Spurs, Leicester, Liverpool and Everton saw the home fans relish every minute of the game and cheered their teams off the park as heroes at the end of the game.
IMO whatever the reason is we have so many fans leaving so early doesn't go hand in hand with what the club are trying to achieve but if fans are still happy at missing the late action and goals then there is nothing the club can do.

In the 70s and 80s there was a group of us who stood on the Kippax each game and we took it in turns to leave a bit early so we had a round of drinks waiting for us in the City social club straight after the game, that was acceptable :-)

Its contagious. The more people that leave early, the more likely it is that other fans will see them, realise that they're going to be at the back of the queue to get away, and decide to leave early themself.

Although with many its simply a decision they made many years ago and they are willing to put up with missing the occassional last minute winner. As one regular earely leaver said cheerfully as he passed me "We'll probably score once I'm out of the ground". I very much doubt that he spent the evening regretting leaving early, more likely he was just happy we won.

Its contagious. The more people that leave early, the more likely it is that other fans will see them, realise that they're going to be at the back of the queue to get away, and decide to leave early themself.

Although with many its simply a decision they made many years ago and they are willing to put up with missing the occassional last minute winner. As one regular earely leaver said cheerfully as he passed me "We'll probably score once I'm out of the ground". I very much doubt that he spent the evening regretting leaving early, more likely he was just happy we won.
From my point of view that is exactly how I am.Will I lose any sleep over a missed goal ... I think not.Will it stop me from leaving early again ... definitely not.Do I give a shit what anyone else thinks about me ... no fucking chance.After 52 years of seeing it home,away,overseas and hitch-hiking I`ve done my time for the Blues.I`ll let the young `uns take over and let them sing,shout abuse,stay till the end and get pissed up at the game.

Never understood the early leavers myself. On the very rare occasion I've had to do it (twice I think from memory) I hated it and found it hard to leave. Appreciate that there will always be some who have to leave early because of some other commitment but those that choose to do it on a regular basis I just don't understand. I mean I get the reasons, I just find it hard to agree with them.

Pay 40 quid to hopefully watch city win. Choose to leave early so that you don't see city win.
Choice is theirs, of course, but it makes it no less bizarre.
this is exactly it in the shortest , easiest possible way to put it

Some lads near me left on 76 minutes to go to the pub, they're just not interested in the game , God knows why they go.

I didn't see the offside from where I sit in 102, I only saw it on TV later on. Although the refereeing wasn't great, yet again, it certainly wasn't in the Anthony ' Alty' Taylor category. Even so, why would a supporter leave in disgust ? Why not stay and voice your displeasure and get behind the team as a result. You mention complacency creeping in. Exactly my thoughts, not the team though, a section of our support who storm out when things don't go our way. As I've said before, early leavers have always been part of our crowd. It's the sulkers who exited dramatically yesterday that made the issue of early leaving so noticeable. From a personal point of view, it must affect the team if during a break in play late in the game, as occurred yesterday, the players see the mass exodus from all parts of the ground, when the game is on a knife edge, we are up against the odds, and need a late goal. Seeing young Jesus ecstatic at scoring the winner for his new team, turn to face the fans and realise that probable a third of the crowd weren't there. It's a good job the players stayed to the end. The fans who did witnessed a fantastic end to the game and left the ground on a real high. The sulkers, still stomping away in a gruff will have only heard what occurred. Their loss.
I am certainly not the disgusted fan,, I have seen enough dross in 53 years to know what we have now.... it was simply needs must as I am sure it is for the majority of others...

Off topic but I was called out earlier on Twatter for calling Taylor a rag... Alti fan swears he has seen him at their games for years as a kid and now as a bald ****

Seriously? Imagine how many pages would be added to the ref's thread if City had a goal disallowed for that. Never in a million years offside, didn't come close to playing the ball and was ten yards away from the keeper. Stones was blocking Caballero's view as much as the Swansea player, and if he hadn't given Sigurdsson all the time and space he needed there'd have been no threat.

I'd call that BS, he had to bend his legs to avoid it..... said for a long time we need video replays

he was therefore interfering with play (In Willie's line of sight) and in an OS position... right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.