City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Would you be alright with the Etihad turning into old Trafford or anfield? - where locals and long standing fans are priced out

We need to find the right balance. Yes tourists are welcome, but we shouldn’t neglect our core fan base. The community shield/ Wembley was a good example of that. No singing and lots of fans only their for the experience/ day trip, whilst 90% of season ticket holders didn’t attend

We can chase the money all we want, but shouldn’t lose sight of our fan base.
The club lost sight of the fan base and started chasing the money around 12 years ago, and haven't stopped. That's just the way it is and will be in the future.

People do what they want with their time but quite a few of the excuses are getting tedious. You have to walk about a mile to the trains from Selhurst Park. The tourists often stay until the final whistle. Having better interests outside City could also be interpreted as a lack of passion for the Club.

People can leave when they want and I can particularly understand the frail wishing to avoid the lush for the exits.

Last edited:
I doubt you wait 15 minutes. You will find if you tried you would be asked to leave well before then.
I do wait 15 minutes. :-) But I won’t argue with you. The stewards know me and know it takes time for me to make my way from RowA to the concourse. :-) They are very understanding.

They aren't understanding. They are scared of you!!!
*lol* Yep, that’s why they give me a hug after each match to check I haven’t got any recording equipment on me. In fact by the time they’ve given me hugs it’s used up the 15 minutes!! ;-)

I’m not as daft as I’m cabbage looking. :-)

The one and only time i have ever left early, because I was on a promise, was at Maine Road when Trevor Francis scored the winner at Christmas against Wolves (IIRC) that put us top in 1981.
My mate was fucking furious when we heard the roar as we were getting on the match special and he still goes on about it to this day!
He moaned all the way back into town.
I had a very happy evening though!

By the same token arn’t some of our local fanbase abandoning the team on 80 mins missing possibly 20mins of footy while the tourists are staying put to clap the team off. Just saying.
I always wait until they show the added time board then time my departure to be 1 to 2 minutes before that is played.

Worked a treat on Saturday, saw Haaland’s third then left.

I get that people want to leave early because the traffic is bad at the end of the game. The new added on time will take some getting used to.

Manchester is a big City and you have fans from all round Greater Manchester heading back to their native areas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.