City fans rushed by Spanish Police

Re: video of spanish police beating charlton athletic chairman &

just heard this on talk shite radio so its had a bit of a national airing,may be some one might listen

Re: video of spanish police beating charlton athletic chairman &

The Fat el Hombre said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I knew Michael Slater was there but that article suggests he's the one who gets fucking poleaxed at the beginning of the footage.

Fucking hell that would be a turn up for the books

Yes that was him.

Only heard about the flags being nicked yesterday, just a thought, when mine was ripped in half and put up in the Aris end in Greece, City had a meeting with their representatives for the return game at Coms, and appealed for it to be returned, it was also muted that Aris fans wouldn't be allowed in with flags etc. Anyway, upshot of it all was I had the half of my flag returned to me at the second leg (stitched it back together, looks battled scarred but just glad to have it back), and everyone was happy. Wonder if its worth contacting City and asking them to raise it with Real Madrid ahead of the return leg? Best of luck getting them back - ctwd. :-)

You may be interested in this. Even the Spanish are pissed off with them.

Spain reels at violent tactics by riot policeOfficers lash out at passengers and austerity protesters as they storm into Madrid rail station
Riot police struggle with protesters during demonstrations in Madrid against austerity cutbacks. Photograph: Chema Moya/EPA
The middle-aged man sitting on a railway station bench protects a younger man by wrapping his arms around him as he shouts desperately at the helmeted, baton-wielding police officers running up and down the platforms at Madrid's Atocha station.

"Shame on you! Shame on you! Shame on you!" he bellows repeatedly in a video that shows how police charged into the station during violent demonstrations that shook Madrid last week.

On the other side of the ticket barrier a younger man is whacked with truncheons by two policemen. "I don't know whether he is a passenger or a protester," one of them admits. A third man who was waiting for a train is bundled down the platform by police officers as he asks: "And what have I done?" A youth points to blood running down his face. "What the hell is this?" he asks.

On Friday, police told a judge they had needed to chase a group of violent protesters across the railway tracks and had later arrested some in a nearby bar. They, too, had suffered injuries. "People who had been hurling stones at police tried to hide in the station, passing themselves off as normal passengers," a spokesman said. "We had to go in."

As Spaniards respond with dismay to the violence shown by demonstrators, who launched attacks on police, and the response of some riot police, during scuffles in the area around Madrid's parliament building last week, the long-running drama of the country's deflating economy has lurched into a newly confrontational stage, amid fears that there will be more violence to come.

While police and the conservative government of prime minister Mariano Rajoy were accused of authoritarian behaviour, radical protesters from both the far left and the far right were putting a hard, street-fighting edge on to the once peaceful protests of the civilised but ineffectual indignados.

Cristina Cifuentes, the government delegate in Madrid, had warned before the protests that they were being infiltrated by violent members of Spain's far right and were attracting the country's most radical leftwingers. But protesters later pointed to a group of undercover policemen who, they claimed, had been at the front of the protest waving red flags and encouraging others to violence.

Other police certainly thought their undercover colleagues were troublemakers, and there is also film of one of them being dragged out of the crowd to be arrested and shouting: "I am a colleague! I am a colleague!"

On Saturday, a 72-year-old man was among some 30 demonstrators who had been accused of attacking police and given bail. "But I was sitting down when they arrested me," he said.

The radicalisation came amid worries that the ratings agency Moodys would downgrade Spain's creditworthiness, reigniting the pressure on its debt and sending the interest rates that it must pay spiralling up again.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/sep/29/spain-riot-police

spanish police at it again

this time yesterday a part of the general strike.

This girl is only 13

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SlaiTplva4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SlaiTplva4</a>

Does anyone know yet BTW where is the complaint going ???

I think there is going to be a revolution in Spain. Only so long the population will tolerate this relentless level of brutality. The Spanish police are a throwback to the Franco regime. They treat people like scum.

I am going to write to my consulate and say as a British person living in Spain I am deeply shocked by this behiviour. Maybe if our goverment had the balls to start advising people not to come to Spain for their holidays the goverment of Spain may start treating their people better.

Or otherwise a revoultion , but again as even in Spain made up of total disorder will hhappen and there will be no more spain.

bartinbarca2 said:
Maybe if our goverment had the balls to start advising people not to come to Spain for their holidays the goverment of Spain may start treating their people better.

No, they really wouldn't. I mean, seriously? Put it this way. If the German government told their citizens to stop coming to London, and then told 10 Downing Street that they weren't happy with how our cars aren't as reliable as theirs and they wouldn't restore the tourist income until we fixed our auto industry, would we do it? No way we'd do it. We'd just get the EU or the UN to slap Germany about for interfering where it has no right to interfere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.