City fans rushed by Spanish Police

mac said:
we were told to use the metro at the north of the ground(cruces), so not to have a run in with their ultras. we all got off at the bernabau and went into the bar where all the blues where drinking.i did not see any trouble but if that bar was a meeting up place for the ultras, then they could have made a quick phonecall
Yep the Ultras end was fine - I was winding up a lot of the Madridistas in the rock bar - good fun drinking with my Atletico glass! Ha - they got upset but they did say they hated the scum so fair play

asgoodasitgets said:
We were inside the bar and saw the first fella knocked to the floor which was bad enough until the police compounded it by assaulting anyone within batoning distance.The lad who got a baton to the side of his face looked in a bad way too even though I was told he went into the game.
Anyone was fair game, even women and youngsters.Never seen such heavy handedness .
I wondered if it had anything to do with what went previously in the Plaza Mayor as there was a bit of a bust up with the City fans with the ball and the police but they backed off into the corner and it seemed like it had blown over.

Back at the bar they came in and cleared us all out. One poster mentioned it might have had something to do with the owner but that was definitely not the case. he was having a great time with fans of both teams and was clearly enjoying himself. I had a few words with him after the game and he was really pissed off withn the police. He even gave me the free drink to cover what the police had made me leave.

I saw a guy walk in the ground with a couple of stewards to help clear his face up. One massive black eye and a huge cut down the side of the face. Looked like he had been hit by someone who knew what they were doing, so we assumed it was a baton. Joke.

Another cock up was the herding us all out of one gate after the game. It got really cramped and you could see some people beginning to panic. There was a point where people were backed up on the stairs but other were till coming down the escalators and just piling on top of each other. A couple went over and it couldve caused all kinds of shit until someone had the nous to hit the emergency stop.
Very poor all round by the officials but City fans in general were a credit to themselves.

Skashion said:
cleavers said:
Complain to the club about, the email address is further up. The only way to stop this happening, is to complain about it, get the club to complain to uefa.
What can UEFA do about it?

The Spanish police as well as each club have to submit a report to UEFA after each game. They will no doubt say the match passed without incident, but MCFC's report will say a number of fans were attacked. UEFA then have to investigate any claims.

The FSF (Football Supporters' Federation) are compiling a dossier of events last night so if anyone who was in the bar or witnessed the attacks would care to submit a statement (and pictures of injuries if you were one of the unfortunate ones to be at the receiving end of a baton) for the dosier I would very much appreciate it.

We would prefer if reports weren't annonymous but we will treat all with the strictest of confidence so please indicate on your report if you don't wish for your name to be used.

My email address is ammocky@aol.com

Thanks

Just to add a couple of points.
IMO it was a set up.
The bar was across the duel carriageway from the ground and pretty much
out of site.
Had they attacked fans in one of the bars across the road it would have had widespread coverage as there were plenty of TV Crews around.
I dont think anyone has mentioned it but it started with about 5 police.
Then within a matter of moments another 5or 6 wagons were there.
These had been parked round the corner, my mate saw them.
I tried to take photos but had to get out of the way so all I have are a couple
of long range ones that do not shown anything.
However the matter was reported to PC Cliff Leigh (not sure if thats the correct spelling of his name )
For those who do not know he is the City hooligan spotter.
My mate who spoke to him told me Fletcher was with him, so the authorities
know about it. Their recation was we (City fans) must have been doing somthing to cause it.

Zabbasbeard said:
Please don't let this go. If you saw something or were assaulted pelase contact City's supporter liaison officer Lisa Eaton as mentioned earlier:

europe@mcfc.co.uk

You might write to your MP.

Why shouldn't we challenge these unprovoked assaults?

If we do challenge them then at the very least, nobody can think "I did nothing when I should have".

Atleast there is a chance something might be done.

i just contacted them. let's see what they reply. i hope we will hear a reaction from UEFA too!

Think about if City fans started attacking the coppers and a few of them get hurt this would be all of Sky Sports News by now!

I am not surprised it has been happening for years and nothing has been done.

I remember utd fans getting twatted in Rome

Was also in the bar when it kicked off. Scary stuff and blues did nothing. Absolute joke, even hit fans who were trying to help people who had been battered. Loads of blood on floor as well where we took refuge behind the gates.

Robert Jordan said:
alblue said:
Robert Jordan said:
Got a problem that I called these mighty public servants, the officers, PIGS?
To bad.
What you want to do about it?

What a sad bastard you are.

Sorry for the typo, TOO instead of TO, my keyboard is not what it used to be.

Now, that we are done with pleasantries, go call the piggies and give them a link to my post if this is what you want to do.
You will likely be rewarded like a good servant of the system you are.

The fact that people posting here were afraid to take pictures of the brutality so they will not get beaten up even more, is outrageous.

But next time when you will want to take a picture with your cellphone and they will beat you up (and your friends that happen to be walking with you TOO), do not forget your previous craven attitude. Maybe as a result, grateful that they let you live you will support the police with more fervor, making a donation for the 'heroes', the brotherhood of the PIGS.

Matter of fact, you model citizen should support the police, beat yourself up to save them the hassle.
Mods, can we not get guy banned. I like others on here find his police jibes in very bad taste after the events of yesterday!!!

Haven't read all 15 pages so apologies if already covered but inside the ground I saw a bloke who was at least 60, He looked like everyones idea of a loving granddad, he had a huge split/bruise over his eye and his forearm totally bandaged. He was in total shock and seemed quite ill with it. Apparently he was one of the many innocents who got attacked outside the bar. It takes a really brave man armed only with a riot baton to take on a 60yr old man, he will never read this but shame on you big man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.