City fans very quiet yeterday at Wolves

scek said:
"Too many grey and bald heads, too many women and kids"

What a complete and utter Idiot you are.
I'm bald and have over 7000 points and shout until I cant speak anymore.
My missus has 6000 points - what your saying is that she shouldn't go anymore 'cos she's a woman.
What have you got - 300 points and your first season?

Did I mention once that older blokes, women and kids should not go to City games any more? I dint think I did, did I?!

I'm just offering a opinion to the fella who asked the question! But thanks for calling me an idiot, another keyboard brave man!

Do you and your Mrs want a medal for them points? I've got plenty more than 300 thanks, I have been going home and away regularly since I was 7 years old in 1989. At a time when I didn't sing much becuase I was only a young lad and didn't know the songs! I might have contributed to any poor atmospheres back then along with any other kids, women and older blokes then!

danburge82 said:
scek said:
"Too many grey and bald heads, too many women and kids"

What a complete and utter Idiot you are.
I'm bald and have over 7000 points and shout until I cant speak anymore.
My missus has 6000 points - what your saying is that she shouldn't go anymore 'cos she's a woman.
What have you got - 300 points and your first season?

Did I mention once that older blokes, women and kids should not go to City games any more? I dint think I did, did I?!
your inference is certainly that the quiet atmosphere is down to the three groups you mention. You then go on further to back up this assertion with the need for blokes of the age 18-30, so i think the other posters are making a fair assumption that that is what you are aiming at
i am an oldie, stood with my wife and daughter yesterday
usually if there's any singing to be done its me, in fact i'm seen clearly on a city video doing just that the season before last
the atmosphere was poor yesterday, yet great at blackpool
i sang little yesterday, why? because i was using most of my grey calls working out what the fuck was going on with the team

squirtyflower said:
danburge82 said:
your inference is certainly that the quiet atmosphere is down to the three groups you mention. You then go on further to back up this assertion with the need for blokes of the age 18-30, so i think the other posters are making a fair assumption that that is what you are aiming at
usually if there's any singing to be done its me, in fact i'm seen clearly on a city video doing just that the season before last
i sang little yesterday, why? because i was using most of my grey calls working out what the fuck was going on with the team

Fair enough! I'm all for being persuaded against my assumptions, that's what lifes about! I have probably gerneralised too much, because I have been singing and wondered why it's not caught on and people have pointed out "look at them boring batards!" and it was people from them caragories who weren't making any attempt to join in. And therehave been posters on here who have incinuated the same thing in the past. But I suppose that doesn't mean all people in them caragories are like that.

I think one contributing factor is that there isn't a large dedicated group who all sit together who will get songs going or get any noise going. We do have some fans who never shut up, but they are in tiny pockets of 5 or 6 in number a lot of the time. Different songs kick off at once, or songs don't catch on as not enough are singing for everone else to join in.

Something's not right because 2 or 3 really good atmopsheres a season means we are generally a very quiet set of fans!

What about singing classes on a Thursday evening for bald blokes over 35? i'm in.

danburge82 said:
squirtyflower said:

Fair enough! I'm all for being persuaded against my assumptions, that's what lifes about! I have probably gerneralised too much, because I have been singing and wondered why it's not caught on and people have pointed out "look at them boring batards!" and it was people from them caragories who weren't making any attempt to join in. And therehave been posters on here who have incinuated the same thing in the past. But I suppose that doesn't mean all people in them caragories are like that.

I think one contributing factor is that there isn't a large dedicated group who all sit together who will get songs going or get any noise going. We do have some fans who never shut up, but they are in tiny pockets of 5 or 6 in number a lot of the time. Different songs kick off at once, or songs don't catch on as not enough are singing for everone else to join in.

Something's not right because 2 or 3 really good atmopsheres a season means we are generally a very quiet set of fans!

I think we should hire that poznan fan with the megaphone for a few games to get us going abit! it is too easy to say the team are not playing to well thats why we were quiet. We were up for it yesterday had a good start , the atmosphere was building and then we all get edgey cause we new it was going to be 1 of them days but we must get behind the lads more and show other teams we not just quantity - we are quality.

Basically it's just down to what happens on the pitch, nothing more than that.

why is bluemoon belted out louder when we play the scum?

sometimes it helps to have a good home crowd to compete with, but you can't rely on other people to make you create the atmosphere.

It seems now that we only start to make some noise until we score, and some always expect us to score first.

liverpool fans at bolton today, awful all game, soon as they score, non-stop singing for 8 minutes, just the way it goes.

lancs blue said:
It's harder at Wolves because the fans are spread narrowly along the full length of the pitch rather than in a deeper block to one side of a goal so getting coherent singing going is not easy.
So let's try and get things going next week at WBA, which is a narrower, deeper block. We need to get behind them when they're playing badly. Sad thing is I dunno if we'll sell out there, by all accounts it looks as though we won't. £40 is expensive but being the team we are now that's what we've got to expect we'll be charged. See Fulham and Chelsea for example, to show how bad it can be.

I didn't go to Wolves, but I went to Blackpool, Wigan, Spurs. I think danburger82 is correct. Its the younger lads who make an atmosphere. I don't care how many people post and say "well, I'm 82 and I sing", in the main, its the younger lads shouting and singing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.