City fans very quiet yeterday at Wolves

Agree with an earlier comment about the shape of the area, it was long and thin and this didn't help getting songs going.
And after they scored we didn't have a lot to sing about!
I could clearly hear wanky wolves fans singing the Elephant song, really bad news.

danburge82 said:
Too many grey and bald heads, too many women and kids, too few lads aged 16-30 who follow us! This will change over the next 20 years as a good percentage of this generation of kids will choose to follow us and come 2025 we will have a large proportion of lads aged 16-30 who follow us. But that's no good to us now.

Do you know danburger82 I have resisted responding to this all day but now I am going to say it:

I am old, I am a woman BUT I WAS SHOUTING AND SINGING JUST AS LOUD AS THE REST YESTERDAY, which wasn't that hard come to think of it. But I do sing and shout both at home and away matches. Sometimes I am yelling for/at the team when no one else is!! Just ask the people around me.

I have always sung along (apart from the stupid debt song and the it's our city when we are not playing Trafford United) and will continue to do so as long as I have the breath and the stamina!

The first ten minutes or so yesterday was good but once the team stopped playing as well as they were then everyone stopped singing. In my humble opinion that is when we should be singing. Not just when the team are playing well but when they are not, I always yell "get your heads up lads" immediately after an opposition goal or when I think they are flagging.

So stop picking on individual groups and remember that it needs everyone or at least a large proportion to get the singing going. But it only takes one to shout and yell!! Live and let live I say!

Rant over, just waiting for Matron to bring the tranquillisers now! :-)

danburge82 said:
Do you know for a good 3-4 years now I think our away support has gone right down the pan. A comparable time to a "good feeling" about the club was in 2001-2002 when Keegan was in charge and we had players like Goater, Wanchope, SWP, Benarbia, Berkovic, Huckerby etc and our away support was absolutely fantastic almost everywhere we went! I remember that 6-2 win at Hillborough, the win at Mollineux and a fair few others; there's no comparison to our away support nowadays, even when we win and play well, and not in a good way!

Too many grey and bald heads, too many women and kids, too few lads aged 16-30 who follow us! This will change over the next 20 years as a good percentage of this generation of kids will choose to follow us and come 2025 we will have a large proportion of lads aged 16-30 who follow us. But that's no good to us now.

i know what you are saying mate and agree with a lot of what you say... but it think the no.1 reason is that the passionate working class fan is being priced out of the game, one week its £40 for blackpool, next week, £40 at wolves. you have to pick and choose your game, the barmies go to blackpool and a quieter bunch go to wolves. everyone going to blackpool will get the train and drink non stop for 48 hours, the people going to wolves probably drove down overdosing on werthers originals instead of booze and hence you have a flat atmosphere, especially when our traditional fans are getting priced out of the game... the solution - give the blue alliance a section of tickets every away game and fill it with singers...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.