City feature film coming Summer 2010

BingoBango

This is the one that a few folk off here were interviewd for, yes?

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2010/April/MCFC-feature-film-announced" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2010/A ... -announced</a>

'Blue Moon Rising' will document the rise of Manchester City through the eyes of dedicated fans, players and Club executives

Manchester City FC and Endemol Sport today announced the forthcoming release of a landmark feature film charting a year in the life of one of the Premier League’s most dynamic clubs.

'Blue Moon Rising' follows a group of Manchester City fans throughout the 09/10 season, beautifully capturing the emotions every football fan feels along the way. From the initial hope and optimism following the takeover by Sheikh Mansour of Abu Dhabi and the ecstatic disbelief of a 4-2 win at high-flying Chelsea, right through to the depths of despair after a last minute derby defeat to Manchester United; the cinema quality ‘Red’ cameras were there to capture it all.

Made by leading sports media company, Endemol Sport, the film also takes the viewer from the terraces to the board room with exclusive behind the scenes footage of the club’s new owners. Among the dedicated fans featured in the film is former Oasis front man Noel Gallagher who appears on camera to talk about his life-long passion for the club.

'Blue Moon Rising' will be directed by BAFTA and Cannes Grand Prix winning writer and director Stewart Sugg and produced by Nick London, one of the UK’s foremost documentary producers with credits including Sky One’s BAFTA award winning series ‘Ross Kemp In Afghanistan’.

The film will debut on the big screen in summer 2010 with theatrical distribution handled by Endemol in partnership with Robert Mitchell, former UK Head of Buena Vista International.

Global TV and DVD distribution will be handled by Endemol Worldwide Distribution.

Gregg Oldfield, Managing Director of Endemol Sport adds: “Our aim is to create something on an epic scale that will capture the beautiful game as never seen before. 'Blue Moon Rising' will combine cinematic production value and breathtaking footage with the very real human drama that defines the club and its fans. This promises to be an entertaining, intimate, and funny film that reveals a passion for football rarely seen before on the silver screen.”

BingoBango said:
This is the one that a few folk off here were interviewd for, yes?

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2010/April/MCFC-feature-film-announced" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2010/A ... -announced</a>

'Blue Moon Rising' will document the rise of Manchester City through the eyes of dedicated fans, players and Club executives

Manchester City FC and Endemol Sport today announced the forthcoming release of a landmark feature film charting a year in the life of one of the Premier League’s most dynamic clubs.

'Blue Moon Rising' follows a group of Manchester City fans throughout the 09/10 season, beautifully capturing the emotions every football fan feels along the way. From the initial hope and optimism following the takeover by Sheikh Mansour of Abu Dhabi and the ecstatic disbelief of a 4-2 win at high-flying Chelsea, right through to the depths of despair after a last minute derby defeat to Manchester United; the cinema quality ‘Red’ cameras were there to capture it all.

Made by leading sports media company, Endemol Sport, the film also takes the viewer from the terraces to the board room with exclusive behind the scenes footage of the club’s new owners. Among the dedicated fans featured in the film is former Oasis front man Noel Gallagher who appears on camera to talk about his life-long passion for the club.

'Blue Moon Rising' will be directed by BAFTA and Cannes Grand Prix winning writer and director Stewart Sugg and produced by Nick London, one of the UK’s foremost documentary producers with credits including Sky One’s BAFTA award winning series ‘Ross Kemp In Afghanistan’.

The film will debut on the big screen in summer 2010 with theatrical distribution handled by Endemol in partnership with Robert Mitchell, former UK Head of Buena Vista International.

Global TV and DVD distribution will be handled by Endemol Worldwide Distribution.

Gregg Oldfield, Managing Director of Endemol Sport adds: “Our aim is to create something on an epic scale that will capture the beautiful game as never seen before. 'Blue Moon Rising' will combine cinematic production value and breathtaking footage with the very real human drama that defines the club and its fans. This promises to be an entertaining, intimate, and funny film that reveals a passion for football rarely seen before on the silver screen.”

Hope its in 3D

Is it only me who sees this as a target for other clubs fans to take the piss out of us, daily? I could understand it if we had won something this season, then they made a film next season about, oooh I don't know, defending that trophy perhaps?! I can't see the point in a film about the 'rise' of us yet, we've not achieved one solitary thing other than a decent squad, and until that squad wins something, we don't have much to make a film about. Just my opinion like.

Pigeonho said:
Is it only me who sees this as a target for other clubs fans to take the piss out of us, daily? I could understand it if we had won something this season, then they made a film next season about, oooh I don't know, defending that trophy perhaps?! I can't see the point in a film about the 'rise' of us yet, we've not achieved one solitary thing other than a decent squad, and until that squad wins something, we don't have much to make a film about. Just my opinion like.
I agree it's like liverpools end of season party what have they got to celebrate about this season?!.

It's a documentary following fans. There's a youtube video of a similar thing from when we were really shit. Nothing embarrassing about it.

Pigeonho said:
masterwig said:
It's a documentary following fans. There's a youtube video of a similar thing from when we were really shit. Nothing embarrassing about it.

It says its about fans following the 'rise of manchester city' in the opening paragraph. I just don't think we've risen, yet.

We're going to finish higher than last year. We're definitely rising and haven't stopped yet.

masterwig said:
Pigeonho said:
It says its about fans following the 'rise of manchester city' in the opening paragraph. I just don't think we've risen, yet.

We're going to finish higher than last year. We're definitely rising and haven't stopped yet.

And thats the word right there. For me I would have made a film, by all means, but fro, this season and over the next few seasons until that word can change to 'risen', i.e. when we've won something. Maybe that was the intention, and they expected us to win something this year? I just think its a bit big-headed of the film-maker to make a film about the rise of man city, when infact nothing has happened other than we've come into a load of dosh and assembled a decent squad.

masterwig said:
Pigeonho said:

i agree, were at minimum going to get europs league, if anyone would had offered that at the start of the season most fans would have snatched there hands off, so why are soo many saying that its not good enough? the blue MOON is rizing, if you cant see it, where have you been for the 34 years of fcuk all?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.