City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Manchester City is delighted to report that Nissan has today become the Club’s Official Automotive Sponsor in a major new deal.

The partnership will see the Japanese automotive giant enjoy a strong brand presence at the Etihad Stadium and on digital platforms, together with the launch of a number of fan engagement opportunities targeting City supporters in Manchester and around the world. The deal will see Nissan electric vehicles being used in and around the City Football Academy which is due to be opened later this year.

Furthermore, the Nissan logo will feature on the back of the Manchester City Women’s shirt as they become Official Lead Partner of the Women’s team.

The five year deal, which is the most significant of its type in the Premier League, was announced today at Nissan’s global headquarters in Yokohama, Japan.
The event, which was attended by the Chief Executive Officers of both organisations - Ferran Soriano and Carlos Ghosn - included news of a ground-breaking wider global partnership with City Football Group, whose clubs also include Manchester City Women, New York City Football Club and Melbourne City.

This unique partnership follows the agreement with Nissan announced in May this year, which saw City Football Group assume a minority stake in the Nissan-owned Yokohama F• Marinos who play in Japan’s J-League.

Speaking of the deal, Chairman Khaldoon al Mubarak, said:

“We are delighted to be working with Nissan as CFG’s first group-wide global partner. Nissan is a leader in innovation and sustainability; values which are also at the heart of our own organisation.

“Through our investment in, and support of, the Yokohama F• Marinos it has become very clear that Nissan and CFG also share a common passion and ambition for further growth and development. As a result, this new partnership presents us both with incredibly exciting opportunities to collaborate through football both in Japan and across the world.”

seen it reported as 20M which i am assuming os over the lifetime of the deal so its either 4 or 5 Million per year decent money

It's very hard to know how much these Nissan deal is worth until we've got a grasp of the real exposure we will be offering them (although, we mustn't forget, THEY might be offering US exposure too - who knows how they might use us in their own marketing).

But back to what we can offer them...

If we're simply talking about use of their cars, and some in stadia advertising, this it might not be worth ALL that much - hence the suggestion of 20m over 5 years, but if it's more extensive exposure - Training Kit? Stand Naming? Others? then it could be a different story.

Regardless of what it's worth, it shows that one of the world's largest car manufacturers sees value in being associated with us, although I'm not sure how much SAAB benefited from it in our less illustrious days! ;-)

Exeter Blue I am here said:
FanchesterCity said:
These United, Liverpool and Arsenal fans always assume it's about how 'big' a club his, and starting churning out the history and success lines.

That is NOT what it's about.

The Beatles are a fantastic historic band, and One Direction are young upstarts. But Pepsi don't want to sponsor the Beatles. It's the wrong image for them. They want a 'fresh' and 'young' image to be associated with. That is City. In 10 years time WE might be a bit old hat, and then we'll need a different sponsor looking for a more established image. Right now, the 'new and exciting' image works for us. It can't work for United they have to stick with 'historic and grand'

Let me get this straight, the rags are The Beatles and City are One Dire Erection?!! Well, I've seen us get more favourable comparisons, it has to be said! If it was my site, you'd be looking at a custodial
I think it means at least one of us gets to make out with Taylor Swift...

There are going to be more and more global companies choosing City as their partner because of the global presence of the CFG not just the global reach of the brand, such as with united.

Th limitation of going into partnership with united is that its about nothing more than reflected glory but what happens when there is less, or no glory to reflect?

With CFG you get the brand association but also a stadium and a team (or teams including womens) as well as an academy and soon a City Soccer School all rolled into the deal.

The future is very much about the model that CFG are developing and united, liverpool etc are years behind.

fbloke said:
There are going to be more and more global companies choosing City as their partner because of the global presence of the CFG not just the global reach of the brand, such as with united.

Th limitation of going into partnership with united is that its about nothing more than reflected glory but what happens when there is less, or no glory to reflect?

With CFG you get the brand association but also a stadium and a team (or teams including womens) as well as an academy and soon a City Soccer School all rolled into the deal.

The future is very much about the model that CFG are developing and united, liverpool etc are years behind.

Very much so, and the 'history' of Liverpool and United can work against them just as much as for them.
With City you're getting a most cleaner slate and arguably are credible 'partnership'. With United, sure, you're buying into a huge brand, but it's clear that a sponsor is tagging onto the name of United. At City, it's much more 'we are part of the City success story'.

Once we've been around a while (at the top) that effect will wear off, but for the moment, it works really well for us. New stadium, fairly clean cut image, attractive football. It's all very fresh and exciting and just the type of image a lot of companies want to be part of.

if it wasn't for the restrictions we have how much would we have been able to spend this summer and also if everything goes ok this year how much will we be able to spend next year ?

Joe Hart's Dandruff said:
Bit off topic folks, but I need to know how to respond to dick United mates who are slagging about our Etihad sponsorship deal. Basically they are referring to the related party transaction argument. What do I come back with???
a baseball bat,......works for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.