City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

bluebc said:
if it wasn't for the restrictions we have how much would we have been able to spend this summer and also if everything goes ok this year how much will we be able to spend next year ?

If it wasn't for the restrictions..... there would be no restrictions.

As for next year, We seem to be unsure. It would appear to be still restricted, but more than our current restriction of 60m Euro, and probably based on our turnover and losses (or profits!). As far as I know, nobody has a definitive answer.

After the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS being spent this year by ALL of our a Euro competitors, it is unthinkable that UEFA tries to shackle us for more than one season and I would expect a swift lawsuit filing should they try it. We are ALREADY BREAK EVEN, as we said we would be, but UEFA now looking to shackle us for PAST transgressions won't play going forward.

I'm absolutely certain the Sheikh looked at the forward-looking deals and determined it was cheaper (and cleaner) to agree to disagree with UEFA, take the medicine, and come out of this smelling OK. A protracted lawsuit with UEFA is not what they want, especially when REAL MONEY is being put in the table for the GLOBAL development of CFG.

With our 2013/14 Revenues @ €404M, we are already #5 in Europe and were only a hair (€4M) behind Bayern. With the addition of CFG's global deals, we are on a trajectory to be on a par with Real and Barca (€550M region) in short order. In essence, if we can continue to make deals and do well domestically and in Europe, FFP restrictions will only HELP US this season, as the "managing of player compensation" is the most difficult challenge going forward, as stated by the club in their Abu Dhabi presentation last season.

Can the City Group sponsorship be used by Manchester City in our accounts?

I remember when UEFA reviewed City's last set of a/cs they weren't happy about related party income going through our books

Marvin said:
Can the City Group sponsorship be used by Manchester City in our accounts?

I remember when UEFA reviewed City's last set of a/cs they weren't happy about related party income going through our books

CFG should be able to apportion revenues to ANY subsidiary they want, as long as it is deemed fair and reasonable to both UEFA and the relevant taxing authorities.

Just posted on the Nissan deal thread about the deal being the most significant in the premier league, the rags is worth £44m a year. Does this mean our deal is more?

ChicagoBlue said:
After the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS being spent this year by ALL of our a Euro competitors, it is unthinkable that UEFA tries to shackle us for more than one season and I would expect a swift lawsuit filing should they try it. We are ALREADY BREAK EVEN, as we said we would be, but UEFA now looking to shackle us for PAST transgressions won't play going forward.

I'm absolutely certain the Sheikh looked at the forward-looking deals and determined it was cheaper (and cleaner) to agree to disagree with UEFA, take the medicine, and come out of this smelling OK. A protracted lawsuit with UEFA is not what they want, especially when REAL MONEY is being put in the table for the GLOBAL development of CFG.

With our 2013/14 Revenues @ €404M, we are already #5 in Europe and were only a hair (€4M) behind Bayern. With the addition of CFG's global deals, we are on a trajectory to be on a par with Real and Barca (€550M region) in short order. In essence, if we can continue to make deals and do well domestically and in Europe, FFP restrictions will only HELP US this season, as the "managing of player compensation" is the most difficult challenge going forward, as stated by the club in their Abu Dhabi presentation last season.

I'm not sure we'll catch them up THAT quickly. But it's not just revenue that matters. Profit is what matters, and that's where we need to improve. Our wage bill is very high (much higher than others). It was always to be expected that we'd need to offer more money to get players to join City - because it was still a risk for them to come to City. We are a lot more credible now, so should be able to drive the wage bill down, but we can't be totally naive and believe we have the pulling power of Real, Barca or Bayern - we don't. It's not even clear if we have the pulling power of United (now Van Gaal's in charge), but we definitely have more power than we did 3 years ago and hopefully we'll continue to be an attractive proposition for a long time to come.

It's unfortunate that our accelerated investment / growth didn't quite make the FFP regs (let's not go into any stunts UEFA might have pulled to make sure we failed!)... but hopefully we should be starting to break even now, and then move into profit in the very near future. Still, I don;t know that that will let us spend crazily again, but we should be able to afford the necessary yearly improvements without fear of FFP!

I think we 'just' about made it before the FFP drawbridge was drawn up. It will be interesting to see how Liverpool fair now.... a club who are traditionally high earners, but are slowly starting to slip down the pecking order.

The pace at which the City Football Group is growing and the number of new sponsors we are bringing on board with money coming in from all over the globe and being spent at MCFC, MCWFC, NYCFC, Melbourne City, Yokohama, it will become increasingly difficult to prove MCFC in breach of FFP.
We are doing everything so well my only regret is that Khaldoon decided to take a hit rather than challenge UEFA.
I take a step back and look at what is happening and what has been achieved in 6yrs and have to pinch myself that I am not dreaming.
FFP........ Don't make me laugh.
Imagine how big we will be by 2020!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.