City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The bomb is about to drop.

There must also be a reason why City feel so emboldened to brief we are balls out for Barkley.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAJ69DpSws[/video]

could you expand mate, who are we briefing and what exactly have we said?

The bomb drop reference was simply with regards to Liverpool being the last to know what the FFPR rules could do for them.

I have mentioned today in the transfer forum, the reports about Barkley are steers from City, following the game on Sunday, hence everyone having it.

There is no way scouspool will get docked any money they will just have the rules changed like they have done in the past .

sweeps feet said:
There is no way scouspool will get docked any money they will just have the rules changed like they have done in the past .

I think the rules will be 'tweaked' in November, to try and make these restrictions appear more palatable before they come before the courts in March.

The DT hides the Dipper fine story on Page 11 of the sports section. The last paragraph on a story about Agger. If the story contained MCFC and FFPR then it would be on the front, ahead of the Ryder Cup and the double page spread of puffery about MANUre.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The DT hides the Dipper fine story on Page 11 of the sports section. The last paragraph on a story about Agger. If the story contained MCFC and FFPR then it would be on the front, ahead of the Ryder Cup and the double page spread of puffery about MANUre.

THEORIST!!!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
The bomb drop reference was simply with regards to Liverpool being the last to know what the FFPR rules could do for them.

I have mentioned today in the transfer forum, the reports about Barkley are steers from City, following the game on Sunday, hence everyone having it.

Poor Scousers - twats :)

Salford_Blue said:
jrb said:
Man City manager Manuel Pellegrini blasts UEFA over £49million Financial Fair Play fine

The Blues were fined for breaking FFP regulations but Pellegrini reckons that UEFA should be punishing clubs who are in debt instead

Pellegrini last week launched a broadside over the seeding system for the Champions League after City were drawn to face Bayern Munich, Roma and CSKA Moscow.

Now he has opened fire again at UEFA’s decision to fine City £49million and limit their spending on transfers and wages as punishment for breaking FFP regulations.

Pellegrini said: “I do not understand. This is a club that does not have a debt of even £1. Clubs that do not pay debts must be punished. But City is not one of those clubs.”

Whilst I get that Manuel is justifiably supporting the City cause, punishing those with debts cannot be seen as good methodology either, because that just puts some of them further into debt.

There needs to be a system where each club somehow declares to UEFA what they are able to/intend to spend each term, once debts have been accounted for. Spend above what you declare and you will be fined for being in breach of your agreed "contract".

manyooo, as much as it riles me, are arguably the unique club in this, because they can sustain a massive debt as well as bring in much much more.

City have a bottomless pit, but no businessman should be stifled by independent powers as to how much of his/her own money they can spend.

This also then re-opens up the gates for the "wanna be's" to flash their drawers at potential buyers.

I'm probably wrong and I'll get slapped back down by the more knowledgeable amongst us

Perhaps if you're serious about debt then you don't fine clubs, you stop them spending £200 million in the transfer window or ban them from the CL since it's arguable that their debt allowed them to buy themselves (back) into the CL. This is, however, as unlawful as punihing clubs for investing, since leveraged takeovers are allowed by the stock exchange.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.