City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Sunny Coast Blue said:
Can't remember by how much, however the governing body itself is making losses.
what gives them the right to take the immoral high ground on the behest of other loss making ventures propped up by tax rebates ala the rags.

Unfortunately, the EU has been unable to get its own accounts audited for the last 13 years due to massive cash leakages yet it continues to legislate on all aspects of our life (including the upcoming court case).

SilverFox2 said:
Sunny Coast Blue said:
Can't remember by how much, however the governing body itself is making losses.
what gives them the right to take the immoral high ground on the behest of other loss making ventures propped up by tax rebates ala the rags.

Unfortunately, the EU has been unable to get its own accounts audited for the last 13 years due to massive cash leakages yet it continues to legislate on all aspects of our life (including the upcoming court case).

When exactly is the legal challenge, I thought it was next march and no doubt will be week's even months before a ruling is made. If it is march then squad numbers will still be as they are now 21

Chippy_boy said:
ColinLee said:
Chippy_boy said:
Probably getting ahead of myself here, but if the legal challenge is successful and FFP is deemed unlawful, I wonder what the consequences will be.

For a start, the sanctions imposed on us will presumably be deemed unlawful and we will be given our money back and have the squad restrictions lifted. But beyond that, what about the damage done to our club and its reputation. I don't think we would decide it's in our best interests to pursue this further (who knows) but presumably we could go after them for damages. I mean, what if we were out of the CL by then and could show that only having 21 players had materially affected this. Or we could show we were after Falcao but couldn't get him because of unlawful FFP restrictions. I really don't know how this all would pan out.

There's also the trivial matter of UEFA having to ask all the CL clubs for the money back - the fines from us and PSG that they will have dished out to the other clubs. Maybe they don't want to give it back. There's all sorts of ramifications.
If I remember correctly all competing clubs sign disclaimers that they will not be able to look for redress if FFPR is removed.
That said if it is found illegal then due to the "undue influence of certain G14 clubs" in bringing it into existence could the clubs be charged under anti-competitive laws?

I think that sounds a bit like "no refunds on sale goods" or other contract terms that would be illegal.

Can you imagine an armed gang breaking into your home and asking you at gunpoint to sign a disclaimer saying you can't come after them for damages if they are caught. You can imagine how the judge might view such a contract, can't you.
True, but the robbers (the armed ones, not UEFA) wouldn't tell you they won't rob you unless you sign the disclaimer first.

May I suggest that those posters who do have a line of communication to Du Pont, perhaps point them in the direction of a certain Mr Negredo?

I think you may find him more than accommodating...

The squad restriction directly impacted his involvement in the Champions League squad (irrespective of his injury at the time) and the narrative from City is that he was sold in light of our added financial restrictions.

Negredo has been forced to take a pay cut as a result, and at the age of 29, has had his career directly impacted.

Homesickness, injury, none of these carry any legal weight if Alvaro can example how FFPR has made him potentially the first player victim.

waspish said:
If they do get done 7m withheld is NOWT compared to the 50m we have had withheld
Yes but we only get docked €10m (euros) from this seasons CL money and €10m (euros) from next seasons CL if we broke even last season as other restrictions would be lifted. I'm not 100% sure that next seasons fine wouldn't be lifted as well (for now I'll assume it won't be).

ColinLee said:
Chippy_boy said:
Probably getting ahead of myself here, but if the legal challenge is successful and FFP is deemed unlawful, I wonder what the consequences will be.

For a start, the sanctions imposed on us will presumably be deemed unlawful and we will be given our money back and have the squad restrictions lifted. But beyond that, what about the damage done to our club and its reputation. I don't think we would decide it's in our best interests to pursue this further (who knows) but presumably we could go after them for damages. I mean, what if we were out of the CL by then and could show that only having 21 players had materially affected this. Or we could show we were after Falcao but couldn't get him because of unlawful FFP restrictions. I really don't know how this all would pan out.

There's also the trivial matter of UEFA having to ask all the CL clubs for the money back - the fines from us and PSG that they will have dished out to the other clubs. Maybe they don't want to give it back. There's all sorts of ramifications.
If I remember correctly all competing clubs sign disclaimers that they will not be able to look for redress if FFPR is removed.
That said if it is found illegal then due to the "undue influence of certain G14 clubs" in bringing it into existence could the clubs be charged under anti-competitive laws?

such disclaimers would themselves be illegal.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
May I suggest that those posters who do have a line of communication to Du Pont, perhaps point them in the direction of a certain Mr Negredo?

I think you may find him more than accommodating...

The squad restriction directly impacted his involvement in the Champions League squad (irrespective of his injury at the time) and the narrative from City is that he was sold in light of our added financial restrictions.

Negredo has been forced to take a pay cut as a result, and at the age of 29, has had his career directly impacted.

Homesickness, injury, none of these carry any legal weight if Alvaro can example how FFPR has made him potentially the first player victim.

I noticed at the time Pelle specifically going out of his way to blame FFP re the Negredo transfer and I thought that he was making a point that may come back to haunt UEFA. While we are sort of going along with FFP there have been a number of references to how we have been impacted. I think its a subtle warning shot in case FFP is declared illegal.

BlueAnorak said:
waspish said:
If they do get done 7m withheld is NOWT compared to the 50m we have had withheld
Yes but we only get docked €10m (euros) from this seasons CL money and €10m (euros) from next seasons CL if we broke even last season as restrictions would be lifted. I'm not 100% sure that next seasons fine wouldn't be lifted as well (for now I'll assume it won't be).
I'm pretty sure next seasons €10 mill retention is happening whatever we do, short of FFPR being thrown out meanwhile. We live in interesting times as Blues nowadays.

We do indeed live in interesting times .
Quite a list of teams that Uefa are looking into about fair play .
You would never have thought a club like Inter Milan would be looked into about money .
It was only 4 years ago they were Champions of Europe. .

Chippy_boy said:

Can players or clubs take action retrospectively on this sort of thing? I dont remember a bunch of ex players coming forward after the Bosman ruling and winning compensation for the damage caused to their careers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.