City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

moomba said:
I think 3rd party ownership does have an impact on FFP. We buy a £30m player on a five year contract and it costs £6m a year plus wages. Porto buys a £30m player on a third party deal and it costs them much less as a large part of the transfer fee and wages is borne by the third party.

In reality though it's just one of the ways FFP is unfair, it shoukd be getting banned for reasons other than FFP.

Couldn't this actually help us?

If third party ownership disappeared Portuguese, Italian and to some extent Spanish clubs couldn't afford to buy some of the up and coming South American players. This would give us the opportunity to pick up some talent before it has a £30M buy out clause, if Porto or one of the other clubs are skint use them as a feeder club to get them up to quality before we bring them over here.

gouldybob said:
moomba said:
I think 3rd party ownership does have an impact on FFP. We buy a £30m player on a five year contract and it costs £6m a year plus wages. Porto buys a £30m player on a third party deal and it costs them much less as a large part of the transfer fee and wages is borne by the third party.

In reality though it's just one of the ways FFP is unfair, it shoukd be getting banned for reasons other than FFP.

If third party ownership disappeared Portuguese, Italian and to some extent Spanish clubs couldn't afford to buy some of the up and coming South American players. This would give us the opportunity to pick up some talent before it has a £30M buy out clause, if Porto or one of the other clubs are skint use them as a feeder club to get them up to quality before we bring them over here.

Definitely

moomba said:
gouldybob said:
moomba said:

Definitely

Not sure it would help but for an entirely unconnected reason. UK work permit rules would not allow us to buy many of these South American youngsters. Portugal has significantly lower tolerances and the historical connection with Brazil and other "colonies" helps them in that regard with languages and acceptable passports.

Third party ownership is wrong in that it is so open to abuse and financial fraud especially in the South American countries and for me it is right that FIFA do something about it but its a shame that Blatter is doing it because everything he does stinks and will end up with a ham-fisted solution that wont actually solve the problem.
All i ask is they get on with it and then move to the final pieces of the jigsaw to bring in some real fairnness
-making financial adjustments to clubs benefitting from single and not league based TV deals
-stopping clubs operating with leveraged or long term debts

Atletico for example will fall away if 3rd party deals are scrapped. I think about 3/4's of their squad are owned by someone else.

What makes your opponents weaker ...

danebanksheik said:
moomba said:
gouldybob said:

Definitely

Not sure it would help but for an entirely unconnected reason. UK work permit rules would not allow us to buy many of these South American youngsters. Portugal has significantly lower tolerances and the historical connection with Brazil and other "colonies" helps them in that regard with languages and acceptable passports.

Third party ownership is wrong in that it is so open to abuse and financial fraud especially in the South American countries and for me it is right that FIFA do something about it but its a shame that Blatter is doing it because everything he does stinks and will end up with a ham-fisted solution that wont actually solve the problem.
All i ask is they get on with it and then move to the final pieces of the jigsaw to bring in some real fairnness
-making financial adjustments to clubs benefitting from single and not league based TV deals
-stopping clubs operating with leveraged or long term debts
It wouldn't stop us buying them, we just couldn't immediately play them. They would simply do exactly what they do now which is to play in Portugal for 3 seasons while getting experience/EU passport/national team appearances to enable them to get a UK work permit. That said with the academy looking promising it should only be for the occasional possible superstar.

moomba said:
Atletico for example will fall away if 3rd party deals are scrapped. I think about 3/4's of their squad are owned by someone else.

What makes your opponents weaker ...

Maybe in the short term, but would it in the longer term? At the moment, when they sell someone, they only get a small part of the fee. In the future they'd get it all, giving them more money to buy the next batch of South American youngsters

But if they can't afford to pay the full price for the player in the first place they can't sell for a big profit.

moomba said:
But if they can't afford to pay the full price for the player in the first place they can't sell for a big profit.

I think it's more likely they'd be able to buy fewer players initially, but doubt they'd be unable to afford any

citizen_maine said:
moomba said:

I think it's more likely they'd be able to buy fewer players initially, but doubt they'd be unable to afford any

And how would they then be able to compete with the likes of Real Madrid, who (Real Madrid) are 600m Euros in debt but can afford to purchase players via sponsorship, etc?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.