City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

higgi1p said:
Chippy_boy said:
Maly Wilson said:
Ha ha superb Tolm. Fantastic cryptic clue. I'm a little surprised by that but perhaps shouldn't be seeing as they are involved in other sports. Does this tie in with the fact that we also own NYFC?

IBM?

Not been online for a few days all, SO PLEASE could somebody put me wise as to what is happening that leads to Tolmie`s clues and a sense of excitement that appears to be going on ???????????? Please save me going back through loads of pages.

Thanks

Tolmie informed us that City are negotiating some fairly spectacular sponsorship deals on parts of the CFA. The day after, the Mirror was reporting the story, then the MEN, before it was widely reported. The value of the deals is as yet unknown, but estimates/guesses vary from £50-80 m per annum. We won't even know when they're announced! At the moment we're speculating on the scope UEFA has for changing the rules.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
higgi1p said:
Chippy_boy said:

Not been online for a few days all, SO PLEASE could somebody put me wise as to what is happening that leads to Tolmie`s clues and a sense of excitement that appears to be going on ???????????? Please save me going back through loads of pages.

Thanks

Tolmie informed us that City are negotiating some fairly spectacular sponsorship deals on parts of the CFA. The day after, the Mirror was reporting the story, then the MEN, before it was widely reported. The value of the deals is as yet unknown, but estimates/guesses vary from £50-80 m per annum. We won't even know when they're announced! At the moment we're speculating on the scope UEFA has for changing the rules.

Thanks for that, great news indeed and I hope the deals do get announced in the Media, if only to upset a few. Gotta say though that both Mirror and MEN did not go big on it !!!! Guess both waiting for the detail.

Again thanks for the update

ChicagoBlue said:
Can anyone imagine Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve, or PSG not being in the CL? No, me either, which means for the coming years ALL EIGHT POT 1 teams have been pre-determined!

It has happened to Bayern. Not very often - but yes, since 2000 we were out of the CL two times and we had to go through qualification in 2011/12 in which we hardly managed to get into the CL.

Did your team have any difficulties to get into the CL the recent three years??? The only time you will is when you have a really bad year, like United had now or Chelsea in the EPL the season before.

People always seem to have short memories.

Maldeika said:
ChicagoBlue said:
Can anyone imagine Barca, Real, Bayern, Juve, or PSG not being in the CL? No, me either, which means for the coming years ALL EIGHT POT 1 teams have been pre-determined!

It has happened to Bayern. Not very often - but yes, since 2000 we were out of the CL two times and we had to go through qualification in 2011/12 in which we hardly managed to get into the CL.

Did your team have any difficulties to get into the CL the recent three years??? The only time you will is when you have a really bad year, like United had now or Chelsea in the EPL the season before.

When (do you imagine) will be the next time that your team will fail to qualify for the Champions League now the new financial regulations have been introduced?

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Maldeika said:
ChicagoBlue said:

When (do you imagine) will be the next time that your team will fail to qualify for the Champions League now the new financial regulations have been introduced?
Good question, BTP. Very good question.

Maldeika said:
ChicagoBlue said:

What was it like in pot 3? Oh wait! :-)

Could be relevant: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.cityam.com/1412611165/manchester-city-land-biggest-shirt-sponsorship-deal-premier-league-history-reports" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cityam.com/1412611165/manche ... ry-reports</a>

BackgroundBlue said:
Could be relevant: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.cityam.com/1412611165/manchester-city-land-biggest-shirt-sponsorship-deal-premier-league-history-reports" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cityam.com/1412611165/manche ... ry-reports</a>
boom

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.